So my oldest Daughter is getting married 😐

She's 20 and has one more year at MTSU. Her future husband lived with us for a few years when his parents got divorced. He's a good kid. I trained him and got him a good paying job. Everything is perfect. They've been together for 5 years still feel like I'm losing my only biological child. That also makes me feel like an A#$hole. Granted, my youngest Daughter will never marry,  but my Sons will. I have zero issues with my adopted boys getting married. Does this make me s bad father? It's more of a Daughter vs Son issue. Not a a bio vs adopted issue.

How did you guys handle it?

That’s the way most dads feel about daughter vs sons. I’ve got 2 boys and 2 girls, all grown, and the daughters are 25 and 49 and both of them are still daddy’s little girls, LOL.

I had boys, but I can still understand. I expect you are a fine father. You just care about your baby girl.

Look on the bright side. This is how you get grandkids!

Edited by gregintenn
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I had boys, but I can still understand. I expect you are a fine father. You just care about your baby girl.

I'm not happy about the process that produces grandchildren 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

I'm not happy about the process that produces grandchildren 

Our son is marred, has given us a grand daughter. Just don't think of the "process".

Our Daughter will never marry as well, she still lives with us, I like it as she does things we don't like doing, shopping is one.

You are a good dad.

Edited by RED333
Because I can

I remember the line "Who gives away this woman to be lawfully wedded? "  I wanted to scream "Just her Momma!" I was too chocked up by that time to utter anything else. I gave her away but I'll never give her up. Such is the cycle of life.

• Like 2

She got back from the Florida vacation last night around midnight. She's attending a graduation ceremony this morning. The rest of the family gets back tomorrow. She woke me up early this morning to show me the ring. I was told I had to act "excited" and "happy for her". 

She laughed at my attempt. LOL

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

She got back from the Florida vacation last night around midnight. She's attending a graduation ceremony this morning. The rest of the family gets back tomorrow. She woke me up early this morning to show me the ring. I was told I had to act "excited" and "happy for her". 

She laughed at my attempt. LOL

Just face it. We're getting old, boss.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

My daughter is 12, almost 13. My twin boys are 7. My approach is the same with all 3. Think about your actions and the possible consequences. Make good decisions. Seek to act as God has told us is best for us. Beyond that, I can’t do much on my own and thus pray for God’s guiding hand in their lives. 

As far as the “processes” that bring grandchildren, it’s a wonderful thing in its proper place. In abstract it doesn’t bother me, and I don’t view it as being different between my sons and my daughter. That said, I don’t ever need to know the details. 

• Like 4
On 6/20/2024 at 6:32 PM, gregintenn said:

I couldn't agree more about the grandkids. In fact, my 2 grandsons are the only things that made raising their mother worth it, LOL.

• Haha 1