Pilgrim Ammunition

Hmm.  50-gr bullets in the 9mm.  I know nothing about this company, but I'd want to see some testing.  

I also don't think carrying 147-gr bullets in your magazine all day instead of 50-gr will be the physical chore that Lenny seems to think it is.

Cheers,

Whisper

32 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Hmm.  50-gr bullets in the 9mm.  I know nothing about this company, but I'd want to see some testing.  

I also don't think carrying 147-gr bullets in your magazine all day instead of 50-gr will be the physical chore that Lenny seems to think it is.

Cheers,

Whisper

Yeah I didn’t think the weight was a big issue either.

• Like 1

Until I retired it recently, I ran Liberty Civil Defense 60gr 10mm in my G29 EDC. The thought process on it is high velocity, light weight bullets transfer a lot of energy at a short distance and you have to worry far, far less about over penetration. Most EDC use cases are sub 15 yards where these rounds would be most effective.

I am not a fan of light bullets in 9 MM. I go for the 147 + P rounds for S D, but I am not an expert by any means. In the past lighter bullets, was not as effective as the heavier in 9 MM and it took multiple hits to stop attackers. They penetrated far less than the heavier even though they were traveling much faster. Under penetration is a big factor. When traveling much higher velocities lighter bullets tend to make hollow point bullets open much faster and the mushroom is larger which has the effect of less penetration, and along with that comes the worry is they may not reach vitals. Like I stated that was with past flavors of ammo. It very well may be different now with the newer brands of ammo.   

I am aware that ammo has made strides in the past few years. Hornady Critical Defense has the 115-grain HP bullet and is spoken of as very effective and the Critical Duty, made for Police work, has the heavier135 Gr bullet, but is designed for shooting through glass and other barriers for Police work so over penetration may be a factor. 

In my 38/357 7 shot Revolver EDC I am carrying Cor Bon DPX all copper in 357 Mag simply because I have several older ones on hand.

My 9's all have the Winchester PDX 1 +P 147 gr HP's. I am a fan of Hornady 147 Gr +P also. Those are what I have on hand and trust. I can still control the recoil, for now, but am getting older with Arthritis on board.  Time will tell on that one. 

Like I said I am no expert, and you all must work out your own salvation. Heard that saying form somewhere in the past. 

Edited to add content; Made me cringe to see him re-holster the handgun pointed at his business area in the video. "Thats my story and I am sticking to it!"

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 1