Buying Ammo Online

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does somebody have to be home to sign for it? Any other restrictions?

I have ordered several times from different companies, and I did NOT have to be home. They UPS guy left it on my doorstep. This included 2000rnd of .223, 5000 of .22LR, and 1000rds of 9mm. I might add, this was before the election, when ammo was easier to find.

Depends on where you live if no signature required.

If driver thinks is safe, will leave it.

FedEx Ground and Home Delivery is pretty careful about that, since they are all contractors and have to pay any claims out of pocket. UPS is somewhat more devil may care since they are employees.

I got UPS shipment today from Georgia Arms, and it was signature required, so he couldn't have left it, unless he wanted to forge it, which is generally too big a risk for them to do. I actually got an automated phone call day before from UPS re the delivery.

Doesn't much matter though, as I live in apt. complex, and no sane driver would leave one here, especially FedEx contractor.

Also, assuming vendor emailed you tracking number, it will usually show whether it's a signature required or not, at least the UPS one does.

- OS

I always just have it shipped to my work. I donlt know if that is an option for the OP. Getting it at work also keep the wifey from knowing too much, LOL.

The UPS guy gets a kick out of delivering to me in a spirits warehouse. He always asks where the tobacco is. Thinks that is funny as all heck.

I always have it delivered at home. However, my UPS guy has by mistake left things with my neighbor. Good thing their family and honest... The only time you have problems if something comes with signature required. Anything I have ordered isn't shipped with that restriction.

Be aware that a lot of ammo is on "back order" these days. You may have to wait several months for the Brown truck to arrive.

Yeah and you have to watch too. I ordered some .38 specials a few weeks ago, said in stock and after a week and no shipping notice I called. They said their web site didn't update and it was all backordered. My cc was charged on the day of the order. I asked for a refund right away and told them they should have run a credit when it was backordered and recharged when shipped. Needless to say I wont be using that co.. anymore.

The UPS guy gets a kick out of delivering to me in a spirits warehouse. He always asks where the tobacco is. Thinks that is funny as all heck.

I had to think about that for a minute, but yeah, I think it's kinda funny too!

- OS

Guest Policek9Trainer

What an adventure in frustration :stir: Finally found some 380 ammo for my wife but it was twice the cost of my 9mm ammo so only got her 5 boxes. Only place I found 9mm cheap enough was Ammo Direct in Barlett, TN but their website blew a gasket when I clicked submit for my order, so have no clue if it ever went through as that website is still down after 20 minutes - oh well. :D