Shooting on property in Nolensville

Hey guys,

anyone in the Nolensville unincorporated area that shoots on their property? Especially around Kidd Rd?

The area has a lot of new subdivisions going up and I was curious if you are getting noise complaints?

I would like to build a 100 yard range on a 10 acres piece of property. It will be completely surrounded by woods and I plan to put berms and sound barriers up of some sort but I’m sure it will still be loud. 

I want to be very respectful of my neighbors but also want to express my right to shoot on my property for an hour a week or so during working hours. Just have a feeling with this area being so built up the complaints will be coming in.

anyone in the area dealing with this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

There's nothing you can do about what other people complain about.

If it's legal, you're doing it safely, and at reasonable hours, have at it. Any complaints will stop after the Sheriff's deputy stops by a time or two, sees all is fine, and tells the Karens to quit calling.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

There's nothing you can do about what other people complain about.

If it's legal, you're doing it safely, and at reasonable hours, have at it. Any complaints will stop after the Sheriff's deputy stops by a time or two, sees all is fine, and tells the Karens to quit calling.

Appreciate It!

• Like 1

I shoot in my back yard all the time, but am respectful of neighbors. No shooting before 9:00 AM and after 7:00 PM. handguns mostly. Do sight in Rifles, some times, but do it midday. Shoot 22 LR most any time but use subsonic ammo. Little less  noise.   

Lived her 40 years and never had a lawman visit. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2024 at 7:58 AM, pop pop said:

I shoot in my back yard all the time, but am respectful of neighbors. No shooting before 9:00 AM and after 7:00 PM. handguns mostly. Do sight in Rifles, some times, but do it midday. Shoot 22 LR most any time but use subsonic ammo. Little less  noise.   

Lived her 40 years and never had a lawman visit. 

Sorry just seeing this and Thank You Pop!!! We didn’t win the bid on the house. Just came back here because now we are looking at another house in a different area. We just about signed the papers and my son found the below restriction on the Deed and it has me pretty concerned to the point we are currently not going through with the sale until I can talk to some neighbors, even then if they are all ok with shooting, I still have reservations!

Aesthetic Requirements: No non-functioning vehicle(s) of scrap or junk parts may be kept in plain view. Any such items must be housed in an appropriate building. No tract shall be used as a dumping ground or holding place for trash or rubbish. Tracts shall be kept clean and sanitary. No objectionable or offensive trade shall be carried on upon any tract, nor shall anything be done thereon which may become a nuisance or annoyance to the "neighborhood".

• Like 1

Your neighbors can stop back yard shooting whenever they deem it a nuisance or annoyance under that prevision. If I wanted to shoot in my yard, on a regular basis, I would find another property. Gun haters are everywhere, and they can move in tomorrow the way property is selling today. Most of my neighbors have been here for years and they know I shoot from time to time. 

• Like 2

I am aware of one land owner in that general area that shoots fairly often on a home built range and from what I have been told he gets complaints and has had LEOs stop by but he is all legal and there isn't much complaints will do other than waste time.  Strategic Edge is only ~30 minutes from Nolensville and you can shoot all you want with no complaints.

• Like 1

I live down McFarlin off Kidd. It would not be the same neighbors as I can hazard a guess and say I am 2~4 miles from you but there is fairly frequent weekend gunfire at a property over the hill from me and I have never heard a complaint or noticed any law enforcement visits. No posts on the neighborhood Facebook groups for the nearby subdivisions that I have seen either. 

I did see a post pop up on that stupid Next-door App my wife signed up for once and the general replies to the post from other users were, "this is the country, not the city", "mind your own business", and "they can do what they want on their property so leave them be". 

Build it safe and be respectful of the time of day you shoot. If you can shoot suppressed, it is wonderful. If all else fails make friends with some of the neighbors that might also shoot and invite them to use it on occasion. Make allies incase the enemies come knocking. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the replies! We lost the bid on the house but when we do get a place I am going to build a 15 to 17 feet high berm 50 feet wide and 5 to 6 feet deep. 

Also will be completely respectful!

Thanks again!!!