Why no NFA sales here ?

• Moderators

At one time there was a dedicated NFA sales board in the classifieds. That looooong since went away because it was used like 3 times. I think the “No NFA” might just be a holdover from then. I don’t know of another reason to prohibit them, but I’m just a janitor around these parts. 

We shall wait for @TGO Davidto weigh in. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 9:14 PM, Chucktshoes said:

At one time there was a dedicated NFA sales board in the classifieds. That looooong since went away because it was used like 3 times. I think the “No NFA” might just be a holdover from then. I don’t know of another reason to prohibit them, but I’m just a janitor around these parts. 

We shall wait for @TGO Davidto weigh in. 

Can you ask David for me ? I've never gotten a response. Its possible that he never got it 

@Photoguy67  the timeline is now a matter of weeks, sometimes, days

Edited by Rockmup
  • Moderators

I’ve tagged him above, but he’s got a very busy personal and professional life. He doesn’t get to spend as much time here as he once did. I am sure that he will see this next time he’s able to get on. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 7:45 PM, Johnny Rotten said:

What are you looking to buy or sell?

**This is NOT a for sale ad. **

I'm just a guy answering a question.

12" Vepr12 w/side folder

Integral M&P 15-22, built by Libertys custom shop

Several suppressors, Sandman K and S, Liberty Vector for starters

Edited by Rockmup
42 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

With the current times, I'd probably be a little easier now.

Unfortunately, it looks like Trusts are still lagging behind quite a bit.

24 minutes ago, Rockmup said:

Not 12-18 months lagging though. 

Very true, a much better timeline now than before. Silencer Shop is showing a median of 101 days for trusts and 3 days for individuals with Silencer Central and the ATF showing similar differences between trusts and individuals.  I'll take 3 plus months over 12 plus months but 3 to 10 days would be a big plus in helping people be more willing to purchase used NFA items, at least for me.

• Administrator

I am glad to add an NFA items category to the Trading Post again.  As Chuck said, above, I previously removed it due to lack of use.

Of course, it is always incumbent upon the buyer and seller of any transaction to follow all applicable laws, and this would be no different.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
On 6/5/2024 at 6:32 PM, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve tagged him above, but he’s got a very busy personal and professional life. He doesn’t get to spend as much time here as he once did. I am sure that he will see this next time he’s able to get on. 

Thanks for tagging me on this.  The family and I were out on vacation last week, so I'm just catching up on things.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
18 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Why not just throw them into the current sales forums. Just stipulate that the seller must identify the item as NFA. Maybe you could add a NFA tag to the title section. 

That could be done, however I worry that people might not immediately understand that an item is NFA and confusion could arise.  Also, the tags feature that we currently use is one of those add-ons that could eventually "go away" as the forum software evolves.  I always worry about expanding the way we use taggs.

• 2 weeks later...