Bad news and good news. The bad news is that I had a baffle strike last range trip. The good news is that Silencerco has great warranty service. I got an RMA from them and shipped it off not sure what to expect. They received it Tuesday and sent it back my way today, Thursday! It's scheduled for delivery on Wednesday next week. Thats crazy fast!

I went shooting with the wife and shot a couple hundred rounds of 300 Blackout with no problem. Then I attached the piston and shot maybe another 200 rounds of 9mm. I checked the suppressor for tightness after each magazine. I didn't notice anything until we were packing up. When I removed it, the end cap had 2 distinct notches where it was impacted. I didn't check the baffles until I got home as it was still pretty hot and we were traveling. When I got home and disassembled it the next day I took of the end cap and to my relief there seemed to be no damage. Then I removed the extension baffles and there was a strike on the one baffle. I don't understand how the 3rd from the last baffle was struck but not the 2 in the extension. Weird!

Glad I'll have it repaired and back in my hands soon. Kudos to Silencerco for the crazy fast turnaround.

-southernasylum

53758044362_ba6c317757_n.jpg

53758948816_048547d67f_w.jpg

• Thanks 1

Did it still look good after the 300 BO?

What ammo did you use? There have been reports of jacket separation and baffle strikes from people using AAC 300 BO, I think that’s PSA’s brand. 

It was a combo of AAC and Ammo Inc. Both subsonic. But the end cap was fine after shooting the rifle. I didn’t check the baffles until later. The end cap was broken only after shooting the Federal 9mm subsonic. Maybe the 300BO struck the baffle and the 9 struck the end cap? I dunno. I’ll be sure to check it out better when changing from rifle to pistol from now on. 
-southernasylum