Memphis chnl 13 News Story - Park Carry

Guest benchpresspower
Don't they know this is Tennessee and we don't scream....................We HOLLER :P

I completely forgot, guess I need to watch some old recordings of Minnie Pearl. HOWDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!:wave:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smithandwesson

now CNN If I only had a gun says we are supposed to play dead. So which is it? Play dead, Scream, or both at the same time? Maybe that would confuse an attacker into leaving you alone.:crazy::eek::panic::confused:

Here's what you might get for the low cost of screaming:

Subway rape victim comes forward after suit tossed against MTA workers who ignored her cry for help

"The guy was running behind me and started pulling me down the stairs," she recalled.

"I held \[the token booth clerk's\] gaze for at least five seconds, yelling and screaming, 'Help! Help!'

"I saw him and I thought, 'Oh gosh, he's gonna see me, it's gonna be okay' and - nothing."

Besedin thought she would die on that vacant platform.

"He held me, literally by the scruff of my neck, over the train tracks at 45 degrees," she said trembling.

"I was just shaking and thinking that I was dead, I was as good as dead."

Besedin was sexually assaulted several times on the stairs and at the far end of the deserted platform. When a train pulled into the station, she again hoped her ordeal was over.

But, like toll booth worker John Koort, conductor Harmodio Cruz also only alerted a command center, Besedin said. Her suit, which also named the Transit Authority as a defendant, charged they did nothing to save her."

Here's the deal in New York: The law does not require that people come to your aid when you scream for help. If they just stand there and call 911, they're good to go. Meanwhile, the BG has plenty of time to have his way with you. And chances are that's what is going to happen. Even if the BG is unarmed and outnumbered, there's a good chance that the crowded park "close to the city" will just turn into an audience for your rape, beating, murder, etc.

But, I'm all for screaming though, as long as it is supplemented by a generous dose of jdredmond's 1911.

Guest cjames38464

And people wonder why the crime rates in this area are so high:wall:....but now that the intellegent folk of memphis have explained it to me, I'll leave my gun at hom and take a mega phone for my screaming protection....:) will run from my amplified screaming:screwy:

Subway rape victim comes forward after suit tossed against MTA workers who ignored her cry for help

"The guy was running behind me and started pulling me down the stairs," she recalled.

"I held \[the token booth clerk's\] gaze for at least five seconds, yelling and screaming, 'Help! Help!'

"I saw him and I thought, 'Oh gosh, he's gonna see me, it's gonna be okay' and - nothing."

"He held me, literally by the scruff of my neck, over the train tracks at 45 degrees," she said trembling.

Besedin was sexually assaulted several times on the stairs and at the far end of the deserted platform. When a train pulled into the station, she again hoped her ordeal was over.

But, like toll booth worker John Koort, conductor Harmodio Cruz also only alerted a command center, Besedin said. Her suit, which also named the Transit Authority as a defendant, charged they did nothing to save her."

Here's the deal in New York: The law does not require that people come to your aid when you scream for help. If they just stand there and call 911, they're good to go. Meanwhile, the BG has plenty of time to have his way with you. And chances are that's what is going to happen. Even if the BG is unarmed and outnumbered, there's a good chance that the crowded park "close to the city" will just turn into an audience for your rape, beating, murder, etc.

But, I'm all for screaming though, as long as it is supplemented by a generous dose of jdredmond's 1911.

They ought to be charged as accessories......

Guest SouthernSaltine
Hey SouthernSaltine - your post is excellent. Can I steal and use in a letter to the KNS editor.

Be my guest!

That story literally just made my blood boil. How can a human being stand there and watch that? How can a person be that cowardly? You know I'm no hero, I'm not a tough guy. I'm not even much to look at size wise, but I sweat to allmighty God if I saw that happening to another person I would do everything in my power to stop it.

God, that just pisses me off beyond comprehension. :P

The kicker: The perp's still at large. And I'm sure he'll give NY a repeat performance with some other girl. He's probably feeling pretty confident since he can do this in front of 2 workers and get away with it free and clear. Oh yeah, and the fact that his victims will likely be unarmed doesn't hurt his chances either.

The kicker: The perp's still at large. And I'm sure he'll give NY a repeat performance with some other girl. He's probably feeling pretty confident since he can do this in front of 2 workers and get away with it free and clear. Oh yeah, and the fact that his victims will likely be unarmed doesn't hurt his chances either.

Thanks. I needed that. B) I hope he has an unfortunate incident at the end of a 45.

as a reporter it is always prudent to get both sides of the story. I did not see any interviews with a pro gun carry representative on why we feel it is wise to conceal carry in public places. Maybe the life that is saved would be the one with the girls who play in the park...

Actually screaming is often effective. Many times a witness to the scream can point police to the general direction of the body of the victim after the bad guy rapist/mugger bashed the victims brains in to shut them up.

Guest archerdr1
as a reporter it is always prudent to get both sides of the story. I did not see any interviews with a pro gun carry representative on why we feel it is wise to conceal carry in public places. Maybe the life that is saved would be the one with the girls who play in the park...

was just going to say the same thing. No mention of pro gun people at all. They probably received some pro answers and decided it is not in the best interest of their story to let that happen. So, you at least know of one park to NOT visit if this becomes law!