In the market for a 12 guage

Remington 870, slug barrel and a smooth bore 22 inch barrel set up with choke tubes. As well as a short barrel for home defense. I think the most versatile firearm out there.

• Like 4

What do you want it for? Home defense? Hunting? If so, hunting what?  Skeet or trap shooting?

All this matters to find the right gun, many choices out there.

• Like 2

I have a Mosberg Model 500 pump 12 Ga w a short brl for my house shotgun. Has the extended magazine tube and I put a side saddle for extra ammo on board. Has served me well for years. I had a 20 Ga with a short brl and I ordered a 26' hunting brl for it and gave it to my grandson, for hunting, a few years back. Back when I purchased these shotguns I paid 350.00 for them. The Remington 870 is another pump shotgun and is very good also if you can find them. 

• Like 1

Them Maverick 88s are hands down the best! 

So versatile! 

Shoot any animal with them... Hit any animal over the head with them.. use it as a crutch, boat paddle, door stop! 

Indestructible!

Ohhhh and they cheaper than dirt too!

On 5/24/2024 at 7:18 PM, 19_A_CPT said:

Them Maverick 88s are hands down the best! 

So versatile! 

Shoot any animal with them... Hit any animal over the head with them.. use it as a crutch, boat paddle, door stop! 

Indestructible!

Ohhhh and they cheaper than dirt too!

I’ll second this one. I’ve got a handful of 12s. The 88 does just as good as my 590. It’s my bedside 12 even though I have higher quality ones. Keep one by the back door for critters. Superb and reliable shotguns and for $250 plus ship and ffl fee you can get the security/field combo and get one with an additional “28 barrel. Can’t beat it buck for buck. 

• 1 month later...