Hypothetical relocation out of US

Guest Arko

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were to ever get that bad here, it would probably be due to the current administration (or one like it) submitting to some kind of international laws. And in that case, everywhere will probably have gone to pot.... That's just a theory i heard recently, and it made sense.

Guest Linoge

Hypothetically speaking, complete and total nuclear devastation is the only thing that would convince me to leave this country in anything other than a small, wooden box. If, somehow, I managed to survive that, I would probably head towards Costa Rica, New Zealand, or some smaller island in the Pacific.

Guest VolMickey

Can't Tennessee just secede, like that Governor of Texas said they'd do if the SHTF? We'd have to un-elect Bredesen, but hey Zach Wamp might be up for the challenge :cheers:

Guest jos2f

I'd look for somewhere over in western Europe probably. Great food, and good skiing nearby.

Either that or Buenos Aires, Argentina. Where a ten dollar bill will get you some of the best food around.

Guest dick214

If you were to go to New Zealand and during a conversation with local Kiwi's (as they call themselves) you accidentally referred to them as Austalians, they'd throw you in the ocean. Kiwis are jealously independent folks. Their gun laws in no way reflect Australia's recent strangulation of gun ownership. Watch Flight of the Concords on HBO to get a feel (albeit exaggerated) of how Kiwi's feel about Australia and the Aussies. Frankly, I have nothing against the Aussies but I'd be far more apt to move to New Zealand if I were to go anywhere.

Guest Ghostrider

Israel.

Guns = good, ragheads = bad, a good fight every couple of years, booze=ok.

I firmly believe that your status is hell is determined by the size of the honor guard you bring with you. I'm going to bring a group of troops with me....

Guest justme

they will AFAIK allow you to own a handgun/rifle/shotgun in Australia IF you live in the outback itself, well away from cities...which in Australia isn't hard to do. Don't know that for a fact, but last I heard you could...the problem is--the Australian version of brady--and yes unfortunately they have their own--is trying to take away what FEW guns are left in Australia--leaving only the CRIMINALS, POLICE and the MILITARY with guns...those lowly Aussie serfs are unworthy of defending themselves you see, because king and country says they can't.

thing is-why would you possibly want to spend thousands of dollars, and go to all of the trouble and choose to move to Australia where they DO restrict your rights just to escape an untenable situation in the US where they will also try and restrict your rights even further--you can always move to Alaska, or even the Russian far east if you can stand the cold Korean type winters they have, because about 60 miles across the Bering Straight from Alaska is Russian Siberia and the Kamchatka Peninsula...

all of this is hypothetical of course....

I'm not leaving, I'll stay in the USA. Texas or Montana

Yup. I have friends literally all over the globe and there's NOTHING like the US.

Further, I won't let them just take my country away from me. I'll die before I scurry away in the night.