Cougar Magazines

I have used 8040 PB Cougar coming in Tuesday, but it has 10rd mags. Can anyone recommend a reasonable vendor for 11 rd magazines.

Are the Turk Stoeger mags of the same quality?

Are Mac-Gars available for the Cougar?

Can Beretta 96 mags be modified to fit?

Can I alter the depressions in the 10 rd mags to fit 11 rds?

Thanks in advance,

ETB

progress.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

You could probably alter the depression, but since it wasn't designed for it, I'm not sure how it would feed and hold up. That's just off the top of my head.

Is one more round really that important? (stupid question I know, the more the better) You can always just have one in the chamber, or are you already doing that and want 12 rounds available?

Guest KWW67

*** Ernest.T.Bass;264324]I have used 8040 PB Cougar coming in Tuesday, but it has 10rd mags. Can anyone recommend a reasonable vendor for 11 rd magazines ***

*** Are the Turk Stoeger mags of the same quality? ***

Stoeger is just as good of gun. Same gun, same quality. I swear by them. I recommend getting the mags from beretta. You can also find them on ebay, or the web in general. You can not go wrong with a cougar. IMHO it is one of the BEST handguns made. Especially for the price. Some complain about the size but it is not a pocket gun. It is what it is. A defense weapon. Although I understand a 96 mag can be altered by notching it or something like that, I would not recommend it. The cougar mags are only about $20.00.

Edited by KWW67
Guest kdpate
Kdpate, are you formerly from Dickson by chance? A mom named Kay?

Nope and nope. Formerly from Seymour (Sevier County) and been in M'boro fornearly 10 years....;)

• 6 months later...
Guest Bonedaddy

I agree with the feller above on the Stoeger. Best gun make for the money and then some. Same with the mags. I order mine from Baretta but I have dbl stacks.

...I recommend getting the mags from beretta. You can also find them on ebay, or the web in general. ...

You will NOT find any magazines on eBay. If you do, it's an auction from a newbie that will be shut down before it ever closes.

- OS

edit: oops, pretty old thread, just noticed.

i bought two 15 rd magazines for my stoeger cougar 8000 from ammoclip.com, and i've been very happy with them. i had two that came with the gun with beretta markings, and these have government issue markings, but they both work wonderfully.

here the link for the 11 rd magazines for the 8040.

**DOH! i just checked that link again and see they're out of stock.

Edited by shspanthers
updating info