Relocating

Guest cjr

Looks like I may be relocating back to Texas.

Any info on what it takes to change my HCP from TN to TX.

I know I can get the info off the net, just wondering if any of you guys have been through the rigamaroe.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would add to the thread,

I have purchased approx 35 to 40 guns in the near 3 years I hve been here and have another 7 or 8 on order.

Any problem getting them back to TX.

Looking at Texas Admin Code about carry licenses I really dont' see anything about transfering a permit/license from another state. You may want to see this page.

As far as transporting the weapons to TX, shouldn't have any real problem. I would just make sure that except for your carry weapon they were all unloaded and the ammo not stored with them.

Just a thought with all of the excitement over guns going to Mexico from the U.S. you might want to try to have some kind of documentation of your move with you. Who knows who you could run into with a traffic and what they could try to say you are doing with 30-40 guns on you way to Texas.

I may be waaaaay off base here, but it is something to think about.

Guest JHatmaker

I will be glad to take 20 or so of those guns off your hands so you don't have to take them with you... :cool:

Anyway, be safe traveling once you do get going, and come back here (or on USGO) and post your experience. There's a slight chance I may relocate to Alabama sometime this year, so I'll be going through the same thing if I do.

I also agree with the above post by BrasilNuts about taking that many guns to Texas (regarding the Mexico issue). For some reason you could get pulled over by a Texas Trooper and if he check's your trunk, etc and sees that many guns, once he changes his pants, he'll probably throw handcuffs on you before you can say "deep in the heart, of Texas"