Random photo of the day... can you guess where I went?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several years ago I randomly bumped into a few of the nice folks from Playboy who were in town for a 2002 promo photo-shoot @ Jack-Daniels... Far more down-to-earth people than I would've expected, had a nice conversation with them over some Jack & coke, and they didn't even know me from Adam.

Guest Papabear

It is a fun day trip to go down to the JD place. I want to take the George Dickle tour. I saw the signs on 24 last time I went to Chattanooga. I did not know there factory was that close.

• Administrator
It is a fun day trip to go down to the JD place. I want to take the George Dickle tour. I saw the signs on 24 last time I went to Chattanooga. I did not know there factory was that close.

From what I understand, the Dickle distillery isn't as full featured as the JD distillery. Apparently the whiskey at Dickel's is pumped into tanker trucks and then hauled to Kentucky for bottling. At least all of the JD Single Barrel is bottled right on site... and I believe the blended whiskeys are bottled nearby.

This topic is making me thirsty.

You know, there's only one solution to that problem. :yuck:

Guest Phantom6

...people can say what they want about Ky whiskey being better...but for me there's nothing like some gooood TN. distilled whiskey.

heck, even the Tn Moonshine is better, imho!

Have you ever had the "Apple Pie" shine that they make up in Elk Valley? Come down to the shoot and I'll give ya a taste after we put the guns and ammo away. :yuck:

Phantom, most people I know would have the shine during the shoot. :yuck:

Tower, if you want some good moonshine, join a Civil War reenacting group. Someone always brings some good stuff.

I used to keep a reagent bottle filled with moonshine for when yankees (purposely spelled in non-cap) would come in to work with me. They always wanted to taste it.

I had one guy from Boston who insisted I needed his help in dealing with TVA nuclear plant engineering. After a while he found out that neither the TVA engineers not I were very interested in his expertise, so I stuck him on a plane back to "Bahston".

Talking to him on the phone after that, the subject of grits came up. I guess they don't have them in yankeeland. He wanted to know what they were like. Best I could come up with was that they were like soft sand. I finally sent him a box.

Guest Phantom6
Phantom, most people I know would have the shine during the shoot. :D

Well, that's certainly how they do things at a particular turkey shoot I have attended in the past over in New River (NW Anderson County) but then again they don't think much of insurance back over in that neck of the woods. I on the other hand being civilized and an addict when it comes to breathing oxygen fully intending by the way to live forever or die trying, try to stay away from things like that these days. :P

Years ago in the Fall we used to go to Turkey shoots sponsored by the K of C. There was always a beer booth, and half of the point of going to the turkey shoot was to drink beer.

As for grits you all can have them. Soft sand is about right, boiled sand might be more to the point. I have lived south of the border for about 13 years now and have yet to see a grit tree, dunno where the dang things come from.

I used to have a source for moon shine, I would get it on occassion just to have around for when yankee relatives would come visitin'. It is okay and all, but regular store bought bourbon tastes a lot better and there is really not much price difference. There is still some blackberry and peach sittin in the mini fridge right now. I used to work with an old guy who would get a jar of shine and put a piece of charred oak inside it and let it color and flavor the stuff for a few weeks. Seemed to soften it up a bit.