Wife won't carry? Please buy her this:

If your wife is like mine and won't carry (yet) buy her this: Kimber Pepper Blaster. I had no trouble convincing her to carry this at all and after some research I think it is one of the best OC options out there. Plus it gets them used to being armed with something, and a quality OC option is better than no option. JMHO.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I'm planning on getting one of those as well for my wife since she won't carry either. I keep putting it off but need to pull the trigger on one.

Paid $32.99 for mine from Midway on sale, right now they are $39.99 at Midway. Not sure if any local shops carry them, did not find any here around Chatt town sometimes it's just easier to order online than go hunting for what you want. Not a bad deal IMO.

Edited by TN9mm

I'd just get some FOX spray. It is good stuff.

No doubt there.

I just like the concept of this better for her, and more importantly she likes it better. Easier to conceal, explosive delivery system instead of aerosol, less risk of blowback, just a better overall package.

Just throwing it out there for those who may have never seen this option.

The whole package is just less intimidating and more efficent. JMHO.

The spray delivery types she has had she quit carrying for one reason or another, but this thing fits perfectly in a cel-phone pocket in her purse and it fits in the palm of her hand perfectly for those lonely walks to the car in the parking lot at work.

Believe me I'd be happier if she had a 1911 but that is still down the road a bit.

RangeUSA is a dealer of the Kimber stuff and they have the Fox stuff as well, IIRC.

Nice, thanks.

Looks like my wife has FINALLY decided she needs to take the THCP class, hopefully will be doing so early next week (a friend is going then, she hopes to go through with her).

RangeUSA rocks.

Guest canynracer

Kimber spray is def the stuff...

90mph stream hurts by itself...less blowback, and two shots.

My wife has it. she keeps a can of Fox in the center console...but the kimber clipped inside her purse.

I finally got my wife to carry. All it took was 1/2 dozen holsters for a LCP. Finally got a IWB holster she actually likes and has started carrying her lcp where ever she goes. Got it at the Outpost. Now I got to go find the clamshell so I can order me one too. Oh and instead of IWB she has it clipped and stuck in her pocket.

Guest kingtone

i just bought 4 x 1/2oz cans of the Freeze +P pepper spray etc. 1 for the wifes purse, 1 for the car, 1 for near the door.. and 1 for my truck. (its not just a womans defense!)

the wife is going to do the HCP class... but she is still warming slowly to the idea of actually carrying a gun with her

(its not just a womans defense!)

+1 for that.

I could not agree more after seeing it once I pulled the trigger I wished I had bought 2 or 3 more. 1 for me and a floater so to speak. It is on my list...if I find it locally I will buy, or on my next order from Midway to piggyback shipping.

Guest kingtone

a Question to those who have the kimber..

is it bulky ? or easy to carry?

can it be clipped to a keychain etc?

Im thinking of maybe getting a couple of those as well as the freeze

what are your thoughts on it for ease of use and prevention of accidental fire etc

Guest cjames38464

thanks to all for the info on the pepper spray

I have been debating about adding this to my wifes arsenal, she carries but has to leave the gun at home during the week as she is a teacher and the fact of being entrusted with everyones most valuable asset, passing background checks for the sysem and HCP, she is still not intellegent or trustworthy enough to have her weapon locked in her vehichle...sorry side rant...anyway this would be better than no protection....

a Question to those who have the kimber..

is it bulky ? or easy to carry?

can it be clipped to a keychain etc?

It's not really a key chain size deal about the size of a credit card 4.3" x 2.7" x 0.9"; Weight: 4.2 oz fits well in a front pocket and has an integrated clip. There is a trigger guard and the trigger feels fairly stiff I think it would be hard to have an accidental discharge.