• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/3/2024 at 10:05 PM, LangdoniousRex said:

I love mine as well as the Hybrid 46. Between the two cans, they fit just about anything centerfire as long as you pony up another $1k or so for accessories. 

What do you mean by this?  I really want to buy a can but the price and tax fee is holding me back.  Now your telling me I have to spend $1k on accessories?  Is this to make it work on certain firearms or just to make it look nice.  I don't want to put a bunch of money down to find out I need to throw more money at it to make it work on my guns.

1 hour ago, CastNblast04 said:

What do you mean by this?  I really want to buy a can but the price and tax fee is holding me back.  Now your telling me I have to spend $1k on accessories?  Is this to make it work on certain firearms or just to make it look nice.  I don't want to put a bunch of money down to find out I need to throw more money at it to make it work on my guns.

Suppressors are trending to modularity. You can change the tail cap to any thread pitch, but each are $100 or so. You can change the end caps from 46 to 22 to 30, but each are $100ish. You can get a piston and run them on a handgun, but the piston assembly will be $275-300. It's cheaper than getting a separate suppressor for each gun. Dedicated car are usually better for what they are designed for though. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alleycat72 said:

Suppressors are trending to modularity. You can change the tail cap to any thread pitch, but each are $100 or so. You can change the end caps from 46 to 22 to 30, but each are $100ish. You can get a piston and run them on a handgun, but the piston assembly will be $275-300. It's cheaper than getting a separate suppressor for each gun. Dedicated car are usually better for what they are designed for though. 

Thank you for this info because that is all new to me and something I need to take into considerations when I get ready to order one.  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Alleycat72 said:

Think you are misleading him price wise.

I have 3 Silencer Centrals. I have 2 pistons. Most pistons/weapons have a common threaded barrel. 12/28 or 5/8x24 and so on. Most common are these. They are $75 bux a piece. 
So, you'll need a silencer, tax stamp, fingerprints, etc. Their Silencer Banish 30 Gold comes with what you need. By just changing out the piston, you can use them on multiple weapons. You just swap them out and after all, you can only shoot one at a time.
I have a Banish 22, Banish 45 and a Banish 30 Gold Package.  All without leaving my desk. They handle everything.
Banish 30 Gold Package – Silencer Central
BANISH 45 – Silencer Central
Banish 22 – Silencer Central

9 minutes ago, BHunted said:

Think you are misleading him price wise.

Silencerco isn't the only one doing this. Look at hub compatible suppressors. They are anywhere between $75 and $400 depending on the manufacturer and mounting system you want. End caps are all all over the place, but fall somewhere around $100.

Typically you get a suppressor like this for say a 308. It will be set up for the rifle with the correct end cap and thread pitch. If you want to run it on a 5.56, you need something that changes the thread pitch. That can be a thread adapter or tail cap. You may run the 30 cal end cap or you can purchase a 224 end cap. If you shoot it on a pistol you need a booster/nielsen device. It will have an tail cap, spring, and piston. The suppressor you get may come with some of this. The price will very a bunch depending on the manufacturer and the material. Titanium will be more expensive. 

I'll state what my thinking was when I got my Harvester 30 can a few years.  I only wanted one can for all of my CF rifles, and a range buddy and the shop owner confirmed that I could use the 30 cal can on everything up to a 308 caliber with no ill effects on performance or accuracy.  Largest caliber I have/shoot is a 6BR, so I just got ONE 5/8-24 threaded end cap for attaching to the muzzles, and all of my barrels are threaded the same 5/8-24.  I don't change the exit end cap for any caliber I shoot (20 cal up to 6BR) , I just screw the can on to the gun I want, and shoot.  I just have to adjust/re-zero the scope due to the can.   When I don't use the can, I usually have a muzzle brake on to annoy the 338L guys who use a brake at the range, or anyone else who uses a brake on the larger calibers. 

17 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

Silencerco isn't the only one doing this. Look at hub compatible suppressors. They are anywhere between $75 and $400 depending on the manufacturer and mounting system you want. End caps are all all over the place, but fall somewhere around $100.

You keep pushing these extreme price ranges. I'm not referring to prices all over the map? I just gave you an example at Silencer Central. Create and order and see what its totals out at. What would be the reason to go to Silencerco or any others that charge so much??
I have 3 cans that will work on any of my guns that have a threaded barrel. Nothing special to add as far as end caps. Just need the correct size piston. They cover a multitude of calibers. Why shop places that over charge.
Like I said. Look at the Banish 30 Gold Package.

12 hours ago, BHunted said:

You keep pushing these extreme price ranges. I'm not referring to prices all over the map? I just gave you an example at Silencer Central. Create and order and see what its totals out at. What would be the reason to go to Silencerco or any others that charge so much??
I have 3 cans that will work on any of my guns that have a threaded barrel. Nothing special to add as far as end caps. Just need the correct size piston. They cover a multitude of calibers. Why shop places that over charge.
Like I said. Look at the Banish 30 Gold Package.

WTF are you talking about. I'm just answering questions. If you want 3 cans that cover everything, that's fine. If he wants 1 that does it all, that's fine. I have about 15 cans. That's also fine. I don't see what you're problem is. Let him make his own decision.

On 9/14/2024 at 6:06 PM, Alleycat72 said:

WTF are you talking about. I'm just answering questions. If you want 3 cans that cover everything, that's fine. If he wants 1 that does it all, that's fine. I have about 15 cans. That's also fine. I don't see what you're problem is. Let him make his own decision.

I've been referring to what you're telling him the prices are. If he just needs 1 or 2 pistons, they are not well over $100.
I have no prob otherwise what you are saying. 

You posted: "Suppressors are trending to modularity. You can change the tail cap to any thread pitch, but each are $100 or so. You can change the end caps from 46 to 22 to 30, but each are $100ish. You can get a piston and run them on a handgun, but the piston assembly will be $275-300. It's cheaper than getting a separate suppressor for each gun. Dedicated car are usually better for what they are designed for though."

Edited by BHunted