carrying while yard-saling

Guest Fenris

Guest Fenris

My wife and I like to go to yard sales on Saturdays. I know you have to inform a homeowner you are carrying a weapon, but is that before going into his house on onto his premises?

Is it legal to carry while traipsing from yard to yard?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

I don't know the legalities but I do, just conceal, and move on. You can get a feel of the people and kinda tell if they would be upset.

Guest Bill Lumberg

No, you don't. You'd be making a poor choice not to, but you are not legally bound to do so.

I know you have to inform a homeowner you are carrying a weapon,
Guest pws_smokeyjones

I have never been to a yard sale where I actually went inside the house. As far as telling a stranger that I have a gun on me - that sounds like a load of junk to me. I can just see it now. "I am carrying a gun - how much for this box of old DVD's?" - "AAAHHH, call the police, he has a gun and is trying to steal my DVD's!!" :eek:

Guest Fenris

I wouldn't tell the owner I was carrying, smokey, so the eye roll is a bit unecessary.

I was trying to determine whether *I* personally should carry while out and about yard saling or not. I was under the false impression that one had to inform a homeowner before entering their residence. I must have read that in regards to another state. My question was simply whether the law was in regards to the residence or the premises.

Question answered. Thanks for those that responded.

• Administrator
I wouldn't tell the owner I was carrying, smokey, so the eye roll is a bit unecessary.

I was trying to determine whether *I* personally should carry while out and about yard saling or not. I was under the false impression that one had to inform a homeowner before entering their residence. I must have read that in regards to another state. My question was simply whether the law was in regards to the residence or the premises.

Question answered. Thanks for those that responded.

Sounds like the OP is satisfied that his question has been answered, so I am closing this thread to prevent further derailment.

As I do so, let me remind everyone here that as long as you have a valid HCP and as long as you aren't carrying in one of the State or Federally defined forbidden areas... there's no reason to feel like you're doing something wrong by carrying your firearm.

Stay safe!