advice needed!

Guest high-octane

Guest high-octane

Hey guys, first post here and if its in the wrong spot im sorry. (mods please delete or move) So on to my question. Im taking my ccw class wednesday and had planned on getting finger printed and send stuff in on friday. I have a court date sometime in april so i went to find out when it was today. Long story short, i missed the date and MAY have a warrant out for my arrest. Im planning on taking care of this on thursday. Should i postpone my class? Should i postpone sending the paperwork in? I know i dont have any felonys but i doubt they will issue a permit with a warrant out on me. Any advise guys? Thanks.

P.S. The court date was for a traffic violation. Driving on suspened which ive already taken care of and got my lic reinstated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one thing to probably do is to call the court and see if you have a warrant.

But long story short....none of this should keep you from getting your permit. However the certificate from the class is good for 6 months. So it might be worth the wait, unless you are in a great rush, to make sure all of this is cleared up before actually applying for your HCP.

Guest high-octane

I plan on taking care of it thursday. I just wondered how long it would take for the record of the warrant would take to be gone.

Depending on what city/county court the warrant, if issued, was issued from...it may not even show up in any database the TBI or FBI will check. Only if it is entered into NCIC would they be able to see it. Of course one copy of your application is also sent to the sheriff of your county of residence. But as we've said this is not a disqualifier.

But as to how long it would take to be cleared...I'm not sure...I would ask them Thursday. If the warrant was not entered into any state or federal database there is actually nothing on that level that even needs to be cleared.

Guest JHatmaker

Unless you think it's going to take 6 months to clean up any mess you may be in, I'd go ahead and take the class just to get that portion out of the way.

Guest high-octane

Thanks everyone. I had called and left a message and a sheriff called me back today. He said i had nothing on file with them. Im still going up there thursday to make sure an get another court date. Anyway, it looks like everything is a go. Thanks again for the replys. Class is tomorrow! Hope i enjoy it. Ive heard mixes reviews. Some say its interesting.Some say its boring. Im sure ill learn alot. :eek: