Must watch movie/television recommendations & interesting shows

Links2k

On 6/23/2024 at 2:32 AM, Tom B said:

Only read the last page so dont know if it was mentioned, but i saw the 'Fall Guy' last night and it wasnt bad.

At the end, Lee Majors and Heather Thomas had cameos and he looked better than her-lol

Dang, I missed the Heather cameo. maybe I just didn't recognize her. BUT, did you catch the Six MIllion Dollar Man "Da-na-na-na-na" sound effect in there somewhere? I thought that was clever.

4 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

Dang, I missed the Heather cameo. maybe I just didn't recognize her. BUT, did you catch the Six MIllion Dollar Man "Da-na-na-na-na" sound effect in there somewhere? I thought that was clever.

At the end, Lee and Heather were local cops I believe. She looked like shes had lots of botox-lol

• Like 1

I've been watching "The Night Agent" on netflix. Pretty good spy, coverup, action type show.

The wife just finished season 1 of "Your Honor" and she seems pretty pleased with it thus far.

• Like 3
On 6/23/2024 at 12:23 PM, Grayfox54 said:

For sci-fi fans. I caught this on Netflix (I think it was?)  Pretty good flick. Worth a watch. 

Atlas:  Human looking robots get smart and decide to end humanity. War follows, humans win, but head bad guy escapes. 28 years later, he's found on another planet, building an army and planning a return. Marines in Mech Suits go after him. Decent story, lots of action. Jennifer Lopez stars. 

Yeah it wasn't a GOOD movie, but it was fun enough for what it was. During the movie i chuckled thinking about Lopez acting all by herself with a camera in her face as she pretends to talk to a robot.

On 6/25/2024 at 10:05 AM, NoBanStan said:

I've been watching "The Night Agent" on netflix. Pretty good spy, coverup, action type show.

The wife just finished season 1 of "Your Honor" and she seems pretty pleased with it thus far.

Both good shows. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished streaming “The Last of Us” and the first season of “The White Lotus.”  I thought both were very good shows. I thought the Last of Us was much better than any of the Walking Dead series, because of the emphasis on the human interactions instead of the Clickers. The White Lotus is just funny, and my son told me that the second season is even better. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Links2k said:

I just finished streaming “The Last of Us” and the first season of “The White Lotus.”  I thought both were very good shows. I thought the Last of Us was much better than any of the Walking Dead series, because of the emphasis on the human interactions instead of the Clickers. The White Lotus is just funny, and my son told me that the second season is even better. 

I loved "The Last of Us" so much, I think I've watched season 1 three times. 

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I purchased “Horizon” on Amazon Prime. It was a very good movie. I can’t wait until part 2 comes out. 

I saw it was on there and almost rented it but may wait until a weekend. Honestly for the price I would spend that or more to go to a theater. 

On a side note, if anyone needs a kid friendly movie "IF" wasn't bad it is available on Paramount+. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Pain103 said:

I saw it was on there and almost rented it but may wait until a weekend. Honestly for the price I would spend that or more to go to a theater. 

On a side note, if anyone needs a kid friendly movie "IF" wasn't bad it is available on Paramount+. 

I figured for $5.00 difference, why not own it. I’ll watch it several times. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

"Land of Bad" on Netflix wasn't particularly good, but it was fine enough if you're looking for an action flick.

Yeah, I already watched.  Lot’s of shooting, but it was just ok.

2 hours ago, Links2k said:

Yeah, I already watched.  Lot’s of shooting, but it was just ok.

Over the top Delta cracked me up. He even did the pillow silencer bit.

Also forgot the part where Russell Crowe has morphed into John Goodman from Big Lebowski

image.png.19770897ba5f6e4346e95bb7c75a23db.png
image.png.d491f05db91f98a031c602f6c201522a.png

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Pain103 said:

Hands down one of the funniest easter eggs of any Ryan Reynolds movie is in IF's credits. IYKYK.

And speaking of Ryan Reynolds movies, I just got home from Deadpool - Wolverine. WOW! I think I liked this one the best of all the Deadpools, and I've really liked the others.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

So I'm not a Star Wars fan (anymore), but I might be able to get behind this if it's done right. I was always a fan of The Goonies type shows, so maybe this one will be good? maybe?

It does look promising but I have a high level of confidence that Kathleen Kennedy will make it chock full of woke agenda garbage. I hope I'm wrong because it looks like a great idea.

On 7/25/2024 at 9:39 PM, monkeylizard said:

Hands down one of the funniest easter eggs of any Ryan Reynolds movie is in IF's credits. IYKYK.

And speaking of Ryan Reynolds movies, I just got home from Deadpool - Wolverine. WOW! I think I liked this one the best of all the Deadpools, and I've really liked the others.

I enjoyed Deadpool - Wolverine too despite it being one of the raunchiest movies I've seen. I laughed nearly constantly.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

It does look promising but I have a high level of confidence that Kathleen Kennedy will make it chock full of woke agenda garbage. I hope I'm wrong because it looks like a great idea.

I've heard that Disney marvel has been purging the agenda folks. Maybe it'll happen to lucasfilm eventually.

26 minutes ago, BigK said:

I enjoyed Deadpool - Wolverine too despite it being one of the raunchiest movies I've seen. I laughed nearly constantly.

It was very funny. I'm probably a lesser person for enjoying it...but I did.

• Like 1

Even Disney knows better than to mess with Deadpool. If his movies aren't "R" rated, they would suck. That's just the nature of the character. And yes, I liked it too. 👍

They're woke targets are the younger children. Shape those young minds to their liking. Just like our educational system. 🤬

• Angry 1

Speaking of super hero movies, I caught this one on Amazon Prime last night. " Samaritan" starring Sylvester Stallone. Been out a couple of years, but still on Prime. 

13 year old inner city kid suspects that his aging, quiet neighbor is actually a super hero who was thought to have died years ago. Vicious bad guys and lots of action. Its worth a watch. 😉

24 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Speaking of super hero movies, I caught this one on Amazon Prime last night. " Samaritan" starring Sylvester Stallone. Been out a couple of years, but still on Prime. 

13 year old inner city kid suspects that his aging, quiet neighbor is actually a super hero who was thought to have died years ago. Vicious bad guys and lots of action. Its worth a watch. 😉

I watched that one too. Not bad at all. I thought the premise was cool.

Same here. It was an enjoyable streaming movie.

I also liked "Bright". It's a Netflix one with Will Smith as cop in a modern-day world but with fantasy creatures like Orcs and stuff. I was left wanting a Pt2 to see where they would go with the story, but I don't think that's happening.

Edited by monkeylizard

Its hot. Its muggy. I'm sitting in the house with little to do. So I'm watching a lot of TV. 🙄

Found another good one. 

Knox Goes Away: Micheal Keaton is John Knox, a professional hit man. He's been diagnosed with a pretty fast acting form of Dementia. He has only weeks before his mind fades away. His son gets in some serious trouble. Knox tries to save him in what little time he has left. Honestly, you spend most of the movie wondering what the Hell is he up to? Its kinda slow, but with a purpose. Its a good movie. 😉