The sheeple have no idea!

Guest Rem_700

Guest Rem_700

This was my first full weekend with my permit and i've been all over and in and out of numerous stores.Let me say though first place I went i was very nervous!LOL..But that quickly went away.But out of all the stores I went to not one person made me,that I know of.I figured if they did i'd be getting some funny stares,and I was watching all around to.Its funny that they have no idea,because I wasn't carrying totally concealed,it was pretty obvious.I was carrying with a outside the pant belt holster and my shirt did cover it all the way,but it was a huge bulge there.LOL..But I can say this,I love carrying it.Especially last night walking to our car at the end of Kmart parking lot in Oak Ridge, just makes you feel all warm inside!LOL

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ctucciar

I know how ya feel. just got my permit on Friday and have already done the Wal-mart walk. I really was a lot less nervous than i thought i would be. i am pretty sure no one made me (carry XD 9sc in Crossbreed ST).

Guest Bronker
This was my first full weekend with my permit and i've been all over and in and out of numerous stores.Let me say though first place I went i was very nervous!LOL..But that quickly went away.But out of all the stores I went to not one person made me,that I know of.I figured if they did i'd be getting some funny stares,and I was watching all around to.Its funny that they have no idea,because I wasn't carrying totally concealed,it was pretty obvious.I was carrying with a outside the pant belt holster and my shirt did cover it all the way,but it was a huge bulge there.LOL..But I can say this,I love carrying it.Especially last night walking to our car at the end of Kmart parking lot in Oak Ridge, just makes you feel all warm inside!LOL

Congratulations, Remmy!

It's a big step going out the first time, especially when you're not sure how well concealed you are. We all went through that. But that feeling soon goes away, as does your concern as to whether people are startled or not. After 10 years, I've noticed that the only people who even notice are your fellow HCP'ers. With all of the belt-attached cell phones, pagers, Ipods, etc., the sheep are totally oblivious!

It's YOUR right, enjoy it!!!

Congrats!

I was carrying with a outside the pant belt holster and my shirt did cover it all the way,but it was a huge bulge there.
I really was a lot less nervous than i thought i would be. i am pretty sure no one made me (carry XD 9sc in Crossbreed ST).

Congratulations to both!

I think that we all thought about how huge the bulge was when we began legally carrying but as we carry that bulge seems to get smaller each day. As I look back, it never was as large as it seemed that 1st day.

It's also funny how we are nervous about doing something that is completely legal.

Guest Whiskers

Congradulations guys. I remember the first time I walked through Walmart carrying.... Geez.... can I go near the pharmacy?.... I travel frequently with my wife (who is still working) and she feels more secure when she knows I'm carrying. I'm in SC quite a bit and I always find time to visit gun shops just to see what's new. FWIW, I was told a couple of times that if you "print" in SC, you can get arrested. Of course, that comes from people who work in gun shops..... but still, I'm careful that I don't "bulge" there! Also, in SC... the law on restaurant carry (where alcohol is served)....... is vague.... the law doesn't prohibit it, but it also does not say it's OK. I asked a LEO.... he said it depends on where you are...... In FL, I was told is was OK as long as you were not drinking.... but then I checked their website.... it is NOT OK. So guys, when you travel...... make sure you check the law... and don't depend on heresay. I always carry a copy of the law when I travel through NC.... because their law is so....... vague on out of state permit holders....

Congrats on the HCP. Only I wouldn't park at the end of the Kmart lot, or any lot in Oak Ridge even during daylight if I could avoid it.

I carry OWB myself and recently picked up several shirts 1 size larger than normal for added coverage.

Edited by bubbiesdad
add
Guest KWW67

I open carried the other day b/c I did not have much other choice. I have carried openly many times before but normally carry concealed. This day I had on a nice set of clothes on and would have looked like a bum with my shirt tail out and it was pretty warm that day so a jacket would have been insane. Stopped at K-mart and Kroger in Smyrna. K-mart mgr sighted me as soon as I walked in. He smiled and said hello and ask how I was today. I thought, oh boy, here we go, I replied and he smiled and said great. Stayed in there for about 30 min and nobody even looked at me. I did ask the sporting goods lady if they still sold ammo, I don't go to k-mart much at all, and she told me they have not in quite a while. Very nice lady. I don't think most people really care either way as long as you smile and are polite. I think most every fear holders have is in their own head. Not to say things don't or can't happen and may not get ask by an officer at some point. As a matter of fact my son-in-law is still active LE and I asked him how he handles seeing someone open carrying and he said he doesn't do anything unless there is a problem and that has never happened. I told him good for him (I drill in his head to respect people and don't screw with them. I got him that job and I have been there done that). I don't make a habit of it, but I will carry openly if I have no other reasonable choice. Just smile, nod at the passer bys and say hello. When open carrying, your demeanor and actions say more than you think. People see that way more than they see that gun.

Edited by KWW67
Guest db99wj

THAT WAS YOU! We were in Oak Ridge visiting relatives and had to run to Kmart for some diapers, we were waiting for the kids to get buckled up and saw this guy walk buy with a huge gun shape bulge the hip walking by, my wife and looked at each other and said at the same time "gun" and who's he trying to fool. Man I can't believe that was you!!!!

Ok, none of that is true! :biglol::P Congrats, yep I remember that feeling, that everyone is watching and knows!!

Guest SUNTZU
For the most part people are totally oblivious as to whats going on around them and really are only concerned about themselves.

I agree, most people wouldn't know that ANYONE had a gun until they had it pressed to their head or were pistol whipped with one. Not to say that I didn't think I was going to be tackled by Walmart's 90 year old security guard the first time I went there armed. :biglol:

THAT WAS YOU! We were in Oak Ridge visiting relatives and had to run to Kmart for some diapers, we were waiting for the kids to get buckled up and saw this guy walk buy with a huge gun shape bulge the hip walking by, my wife and looked at each other and said at the same time "gun" and who's he trying to fool. Man I can't believe that was you!!!!

Ok, none of that is true! :P:P Congrats, yep I remember that feeling, that everyone is watching and knows!!

:biglol:

Guest pjblurton

I always carry concealed. However, last week I was in a hurry and as someone else stated, in nice clothes, so I carried open.

It was like the first time all over again. Nervous jitters. Excitement. Hyper-vigilance.

I was really disappointed about how little people pay attention to thier environment.

Guest Whiskers

Ever notice that those who react badly to guns...... want your kids to be indoctrinated to accept the homosexual lifestyle, and think sex education should start in kindergarten? They are against capital punishment, but say that killing a baby is a "right"....and they are in favor of euthenizing old people. Liberals.... I don't like 'em... I never will. Also, the very people who they say "us Americans" are bullying in the world.... are the very people who would kill them if they got the chance....

Guest Bronker

You, sir...speak truth.

Bravo. And amen.

Ever notice that those who react badly to guns...... want your kids to be indoctrinated to accept the homosexual lifestyle, and think sex education should start in kindergarten? They are against capital punishment, but say that killing a baby is a "right"....and they are in favor of euthenizing old people. Liberals.... I don't like 'em... I never will. Also, the very people who they say "us Americans" are bullying in the world.... are the very people who would kill them if they got the chance....

Very well said Sir.

Its funny that they have no idea,because I wasn't carrying totally concealed,it was pretty obvious.I was carrying with a outside the pant belt holster and my shirt did cover it all the way,but it was a huge bulge there.LOL

Congrats on getting your permit....but really, it is not too wise of you to be careless about concealment. One of these days you will find that you will be (at least temporarily) arrested by the police.

Guest Old goat
Congrats on getting your permit....but really, it is not too wise of you to be careless about concealment. One of these days you will find that you will be (at least temporarily) arrested by the police.

Arrested? why.

Probably the only folks that "made" you were carrying themselves, I think we're the only ones that notice.

Guest bluecanary25

Rem 700 and Ctucciar, congrats on the permit.

First time I carried OWB, I was very nervous as well.

(I had been using a fanny-pack for years)

Be polite, be aware and be safe.

Edited by bluecanary25
kuz I kan, man
Guest bkelm18

Essentially what you are saying is that if you carry openly, you will be arrested. Correct?

Guest crotalus01

Arrest is a bit strong, detained would be a more accurate description. I have never had a problem from the police here when OCing. Im not going to hijack this thread, suffice to say there are strong feelings on both methods of carrying.

Guest Rem_700
Arrested? why.

Probably the only folks that "made" you were carrying themselves, I think we're the only ones that notice.

Please explain!Because if I get arrested for legally carrying and get took to the jail,there will be a lawsuit in order.

Edited by Rem_700

I have carried a firearm either professionally or personally or both for most of my adult life. Our liberal culture teaches us that guns are wrong and I think this contributes somewhat to that feeling you get when you first start carrying. I am still not comfortable with open carry, and never have been when not in uniform, but I still carry, always. I find myself worrying about printing, and try to dress so that I don't, despite it being ok to do so.

Congrats guys on the permits...I have been carrying a full size weapon as well, I was nervous at first, but I generally wear jeans and loose over shirts anyway along with a good owb holster and gun belt, so it has been no big deal. People just don't pay any attention at all and to me that is not really a bad thing. Some of us do and if TSHTF I would prefer EVERY tactical advantage and option possible... running, hiding, ducking, weaving, taking a nap, but deffinately not haveing some sheep hollar out "shoot him" bc they saw my weapon--that would not be an advantage.