Winchester ammo rebate: info

I'm going though the (glacial) process of getting a rebate from Winchester on an ammo purchase. Figured I'd pass along some tips I've gleaned for any others who might be going through the same process. 

- Before starting the process, weigh the amount of the rebate vs. the time, effort, and money you'll spend getting it. The juice isn't always worth the squeeze.

- If you bought a full case of ammo, see if they'll accept the case's UPC bar code instead of the UPCs from each individual box. Sometimes it's yes, sometimes it's no. You might be in for an evening of slicing up lots of boxes.

- Take a photo of everything before you stick it in an envelope. It'll be a lifesaver if the rebate arrives damaged or missing something on the other end. Plus it'll help jog your memory if everything was done correctly after waiting for weeks on end. 

- Spend a little extra and send the envelope with a tracking number so you'll have proof of delivery and a date to go with it. If using the post office, go inside and hand it to a teller. The thickness caused by a bunch of UPC codes can sometimes cause issues; usually it's just cost a little more for postage, but it never hurts to ask. Licking a stamp and tossing it into the outgoing mail is no guarantee of success.

- You can check the status of your rebate here: https://winchester.com/Support/Customers/Winchester-Rebate-Status. Click on the black box that reads, "Check your rebate status". 

- Be patient. It can take weeks or months to work through the system. For example, I purchased my ammo on 5-30, mailed the rebate on 6-7, delivered on 6-9, appeared on the rebate status page on 6-21, and a month later I'm still waiting. 

- If you think something got messed up and want to talk with a human, call Repco Logistics in St. Louis, MO. They're the company that processes the rebates for Winchester. The general number is 314-426-1800. I called them today and was pleasantly surprised. There was no phone tree! The first person I talked to was Kristen, and she was very helpful. After taking my name & confirming my city, she was able to give me the status of my rebate and tell me an estimate of when to expect the rebate card in the mail.

• Like 2