Idiot

Guest Grout

I am with these guys, He just ran across the parking lot. Sounds to me like maybe an ass whippin if he was coming at you but nowhere near pulling a weapon!

Seriously!

Like no one here has actually done something like this.Hell,if it wasn't for scarring people I know that didn't know I was there,I wouldn't have anything to do :tinfoil:

On a serious note,I endure stuff like this daily.Folks see my gimped ass loading in my Trailblazer,and all the sudden get that do gooder mentality.

Next thing I know Ive got someone making a B-line straight towards me.Sometimes its an old lady that fats dust,next time it might be a hoodrat that cant keep him britches pulled up.Ya just cant shoot these idiots,although it wold make my life helluva whole lot easier!

Best way to stop it is simply yelling at them to get their attention,then telling them to stop,or go around.

No Rosco needed!

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Seriously!

Like no one here has actually done something like this.Hell,if it wasn't for scarring people I know that didn't know I was there,I wouldn't have anything to do :tinfoil:

On a serious note,I endure stuff like this daily.Folks see my gimped ass loading in my Trailblazer,and all the sudden get that do gooder mentality.

Next thing I know Ive got someone making a B-line straight towards me.Sometimes its an old lady that fats dust,next time it might be a hoodrat that cant keep him britches pulled up.Ya just cant shoot these idiots,although it wold make my life helluva whole lot easier!

:D:rofl:

...cause that's how you roll.....;)

Guest db99wj
Actually I call it tactical rolling!

I would mumble contact continuously while tactical rolling,but then people are then too overwhelmed by my awesomeness! :tinfoil:

Don't forget to yell "CONTACT"

Guest JHatmaker
Good job on keeping alert. I do my best to keep my head on a swivel at all times and mentally "assign" threat levels to anyone in my proximity. Especially when getting in or out of my car, I do a quick surveillance of the area.

That's some Bourne Supremacy :tinfoil: right there, just don't get too many "assignments" going at once and then confuse the little old lady for a Code Red and give her the "People's Elbow".

Edited by JHatmaker
  • Administrator
I would have screamed "CONTACT", pulled a tactical roll, then kicked him square in the nutz.

Goodtogo™

On a serious note, guys let's be civil here. There's no need to be critical of anyone else's alertness provided that they are being alert in the first place. I'm more worried about the guy who bumbles through life in "Condition Green" all the time. :tinfoil:

Thanks.

Yep,Buddy you over reacted.I see grown men sprinting toward someone in parking lots all the time.Course they are usually in the act of mugging somebody but hey times are tough,a brother has to make a buck some way.:tinfoil: Seriously if anyone is not alert and aware of their suroundings in this day and age then they are truly a "sheeple".

i think you did what any alert man would do given those circumstances. remember guys he didnt pull his gun, but was really close. be honest, if someone suspicious is running toward you in a parking lot of a conveniece store/gas station, are you telling me that you would not put your hand on your gun IN PREPARATION to draw if necessary. i know i would.

Guest mustangdave

GROUT...awareness is always good...and being a "cabby" I can see where you might be in a different THREATCON than most. But son...if all yer packin is a 25 and a 22 as a back up...I sure hope you have an IMPOSING and MENACING physique when you square up against the deranged car hops.

Guest Grout
GROUT...awareness is always good...and being a "cabby" I can see where you might be in a different THREATCON than most. But son...if all yer packin is a 25 and a 22 as a back up...I sure hope you have an IMPOSING and MENACING physique when you square up against the deranged car hops.

Not much of a movie/pop culture buff are you?:tinfoil:

Guest Grout
:lol:...OMG...are you DeNiro???? How's Jodi doing these days;)

I think she's playing for the other team but I would like to join her for a scrimmage game.:poop:

Guest Whiskers

I almost drew on a guy a few weeks ago at a car wash in Crossville. I was vacuuming the driver side front and the guy walked up behind me. My "sixth sense told me somebody was there. The guy never said a word until I spun around, extended my left arm and said... "back off!" He then asked me for money..... you know... my car is broken and I'm on my way to a funeral....(or something very similar). Sounded like he was quick on his feet.... as most thugs are. He did not know how close he came to staring down a barrel.

Folks am I wrong or do you go to jail and face tons Of B.S. for shooting an unarmed man? I guess I am just different than most, I would take a ass whoopin or give one before it came to this. The only way my gun is ever going to be seen is if I see one first or someone else is going to die. I guess what I am asking is if any of you guys that are just gonna draw, Are you gonna kill an ******* for asking for money or bothering you? I feel like pulling a gun is my LAST resort! I mean I feel when it comes out someone is probably going down.

Guest .45Jon
Folks am I wrong or do you go to jail and face tons Of B.S. for shooting an unarmed man? I guess I am just different than most, I would take a ass whoopin or give one before it came to this. The only way my gun is ever going to be seen is if I see one first or someone else is going to die. I guess what I am asking is if any of you guys that are just gonna draw, Are you gonna kill an ******* for asking for money or bothering you?I feel like pulling a gun is my LAST resort! I mean I feel when it comes out someone is probably going down.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on the drawing as a absolute last resort!...But I think fighting a guy(unless of course you HAD to) with a gun on your hip is a very bad idea..if yall get to scuffoling and he gets a hold of your gun things could get very ugly.

Guest Whiskers

Well, I said I almost drew my piece on the guy. If he had not immediately retreated, I might have drawn... because he was less than 5 feet away from me... It never gets reported when someone draws their gun........ just when they shoot somebody! Let's get real..... I can't physically fend off someone.... I'm an old man with very severe health issues.... I cannot run. And, how many times do we need to revisit the distance that can be covered by an aggressor intent on ill will? At a distance of 5 feet.... make the wrong decision and you may be dead. And, if the guy keeps on coming after you have drawn a gun...... what are YOU going to do? "Pardon me sir, but if you don't back off, I'm going to shoot you." It's one thing to walk up to someone face-on and ask for money.... it's yet another to sneak up on someone's blind side without making a sound. Besides, what better place to carjack someone than at a car wash?

Edited by Whiskers
final thought
Guest mustangdave
Folks am I wrong or do you go to jail and face tons Of B.S. for shooting an unarmed man? I guess I am just different than most, I would take a ass whoopin or give one before it came to this. The only way my gun is ever going to be seen is if I see one first or someone else is going to die. I guess what I am asking is if any of you guys that are just gonna draw, Are you gonna kill an ******* for asking for money or bothering you? I feel like pulling a gun is my LAST resort! I mean I feel when it comes out someone is probably going down.

Gotta agree with CAJUN here....and in the HCP classes...don't they say something to the effect "if you draw the weapon...you better be willing to use it." Drawing a weapon IS THE LAST resort...IMHO

Guest Whiskers

I think we can all agree that pulling a gun is a BIG decision and shooting someone could be a life changing event. In my younger days I would have not even thought of drawing on someone in a similar situation.... but that old ghi and brown belt in my closet are a faint memory. It's funny how a couple of heart attacks and four herniated disks can change your view on how manly you can be if faced with a threat. Of course, if I had a stick handy... that would be my first choice!:rolleyes:

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I cannot stand these people.

I was holding the door for an older lady and this TWIt girl rushes through squeezing past the lady not even saying a word to either of us. We just looked at each other shaking our heads.:)

....walking through the door in front of your wife while you're holding it for her.

I am with these guys, He just ran across the parking lot. Sounds to me like maybe an ass whippin if he was coming at you but nowhere near pulling a weapon!

Not directed at you Cajun, just along the lines of that thought...

Yes, all of this sounds great in hindsight, but at the moment that it was happening I would have to agree with the OP's assessment at the moment. I would also be at a heightened state of alert if that happened to me.

Edited by mcurrier
spelling