Restaurant Carry HB0962 To Be Voted On Today 04/06/09

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Lucky me. I spent the entire day today trying to fly from Nashville to the God forsaken state of Mass. and I missed this wonderful event. Reading back through the thread was very entertaining though so thanks for that! :)

Anybody know what it means for an amendment to be "tabled"? I see that 09, 11 and 14 are tabled while all the rest were withdrawn but I am not sure what that means for the bill.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been told for several years that if the Bills could be brought to the floor for a vote, they would pass. This year, for the first time, the truth of this statement is apparent. Without the interference of King Jimmy the Restaurant Bill passes 70-26.

There are a lot of congratulations to be sent out to those representatives who have fought for years to get this thing passed. Republicans and Democrats. And I intend to write many of them and tell them so. I write them when they don't do what I think they should and I'll write to praise them for doing the right thing.

And a great big "atta boy" to all the guys and gals on this board, and other 2nd Amendment supporters, who worked to call and write their reps on this issue and encouraged others to do the same.

There are a lot of congratulations to be sent out to those representatives who have fought for years to get this thing passed. Republicans and Democrats. And I intend to write many of them and tell them so. I write them when they don't do what I think they should and I'll write to praise them for doing the right thing.

I do the same and I would like to encourage everyone else to do likewise.

And a great big "atta boy" to all the guys and gals on this board, and other 2nd Amendment supporters, who worked to call and write their reps on this issue and encouraged others to do the same.

Thanks to ALL!!!

:D

Guest MediaBuster

Well, now that the vote is over, & it's advancing to the Senate, I will say that I'm glad "something" passed rather than nothing at all.. I was hoping to push the envelope a little more obviously, but I'm pretty sure/satisfied the bills advocates did the best they could, especially after listening to some of the lunatic objections that were brought up from the Memphis mob..

I was never personally worried that Todd would abandon the bill because of people who adamantly opposed the curfew. If he came this far, he wasn't just going to give up.. I will write him & thank him for getting us this far..

I'm glad it got passed.. I hope we can improve on it later.. Time to move onto the next dragon..

Guest jth_3s
Republicans are fighting hard for us, the law abiding citizens.

So are Democrats like Fincher who introduced the loaded long guns bill (HB0070) and Tindell who introduced Park Carry(HB0960).

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about time. Don't like the admendment as there are very few times that I'm out eating at 11pm but it has happened.

Anyone want to post up email links of those we should thank and the bills they put forth

Guest sstouder

well i cant find the actual votes on the bill itself but if you want to see how your rep voted on the amendments here is the link.

Bill Votes

im happy my rep (Sargeant) voted to remove the curfew so i will write him a letter saying thanks for the support.

also the senate number is sb1127 and it is scheduled for vote on the 8th

Edited by sstouder
Guest bkelm18
So are Democrats like Fincher who introduced the loaded long guns bill (HB0070) and Tindell who introduced Park Carry(HB0960).

HB0070 is not long guns, its protection of property with deadly force.

yes, that was passed to the house last week. they tried to kill it off, but as it stands as it goes for the final passing is this: anyone with a valid HCP can have loaded long guns in the car. that would be deer rifles, shotguns, etc. i think you would be safe with your loaded AR but i am not 100% sure on that one.

while it was being discussed, a lot of the reps openly admitted to violating the current law and were unaware of that happening. they were surprised. im sure this bill will be changed in years to come, but passing to allow HCP holders was the first step. one of the reps (older black man i believe) said he was all for letting anyone who could legally own a gun have it loaded in the car but they are worried about theft and officer safety blah blah................

It looks like Gov. Bredesen could use some encouragement from us.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it matters whether or not the Governor signs the bill. As long as he doesn't veto it it will automatically go into law on a predefined date.

Guest HexHead
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it matters whether or not the Governor signs the bill. As long as he doesn't veto it it will automatically go into law on a predefined date.

Correct, he has 30 days to sign or veto it, otherwise it just becomes law by default. That's how we got the ability to carry where alcohol was sold for off-premises consumption a few years ago.

Guest HexHead

I hope the Senate doesn't strip out the curfew. I really don't want to give Naifeh and the House another bite at the apple. Stuff happens.

We can address the curfew issue later on, when the naysayers have been proven wrong.

Guest jth_3s
HB0070 is not long guns, its protection of property with deadly force.

My mistake, Fincher introduced two bills HB0390 (Long Guns) and HB 0070 Protection of property)

HB0962 by Todd - FLOOR VOTE: AS AMENDED PASSAGE ON THIRD CONSIDERATION 4/6/2009

Passed

Ayes...............................................70

Noes...............................................26

Representatives voting aye were: Barker, Bass, Bell, Borchert, Brooks H, Brooks K, Campfield, Carr, Casada, Cobb C, Cobb T, Coleman, Coley, Curtiss, Dean, Dennis, Dunn, Eldridge, Evans, Faulkner, Ferguson, Fincher, Floyd, Ford, Fraley, Hackworth, Halford, Harrison, Hawk, Haynes, Hensley, Hill, Johnson C, Johnson P, Kelsey, Litz, Lollar, Lundberg, Lynn, Maddox, Maggart, Matheny, Matlock, McCord, McCormick, McDaniel, McDonald, McManus, Montgomery, Moore, Mumpower, Niceley, Odom, Ramsey, Rich, Roach, Rowland, Sargent, Shepard, Shipley, Swafford, Tidwell, Tindell, Todd, Watson, Weaver, Windle, Winningham, Yokley, Mr. Speaker Williams -- 70.

Representatives voting no were: Armstrong, Bone, Brown, Camper, Cobb J, Cooper, DeBerry J, DeBerry L, Favors, Gilmore, Hardaway, Harmon, Harwell, Jones S, Jones U, Kernell, Miller, Naifeh, Pitts, Richardson, Shaw, Sontany, Stewart, Towns, Turner L, Turner M -- 26.

====================================================

My Rep. voted against it. Time for an email to see what her reasons were.

HB0962 by Todd - FLOOR VOTE: AS AMENDED PASSAGE ON THIRD CONSIDERATION 4/6/2009

Passed

Ayes...............................................70

Noes...............................................26

Representatives voting aye were: Barker, Bass, Bell, Borchert, Brooks H, Brooks K, Campfield, Carr, Casada, Cobb C, Cobb T, Coleman, Coley, Curtiss, Dean, Dennis, Dunn, Eldridge, Evans, Faulkner, Ferguson, Fincher, Floyd, Ford, Fraley, Hackworth, Halford, Harrison, Hawk, Haynes, Hensley, Hill, Johnson C, Johnson P, Kelsey, Litz, Lollar, Lundberg, Lynn, Maddox, Maggart, Matheny, Matlock, McCord, McCormick, McDaniel, McDonald, McManus, Montgomery, Moore, Mumpower, Niceley, Odom, Ramsey, Rich, Roach, Rowland, Sargent, Shepard, Shipley, Swafford, Tidwell, Tindell, Todd, Watson, Weaver, Windle, Winningham, Yokley, Mr. Speaker Williams -- 70.

Representatives voting no were: Armstrong, Bone, Brown, Camper, Cobb J, Cooper, DeBerry J, DeBerry L, Favors, Gilmore, Hardaway, Harmon, Harwell, Jones S, Jones U, Kernell, Miller, Naifeh, Pitts, Richardson, Shaw, Sontany, Stewart, Towns, Turner L, Turner M -- 26.

====================================================

My Rep. voted against it. Time for an email to see what her reasons were.

Bill Votes