Do you think all the recent mass killings will speed up an AW Bill?

Guest slim

From all that i have been hearing on many forums, and comments made by certain politicians in the last few hours, i believe as many seem do, that the best thing all gun-owners can do now is to stock up on any guns & ammo they want or need.

I don't gamble but the anti-gunner's have gotten all the shootings needed, to put some type of new anti-gun law on the books.

I hope i am wrong, but doubt it!:)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have had these things long enough. How many mass shootings have there been in the past 20,30 years?

I think you can find whatever you're looking for in all this. We have a liberal president, a Democrat controlled congress, a bunch of gun grabbers right at the top of the food chain, etc. Will they use all this? Of course. It doesn't mean it's gonna tip the iceberg anymore.

People kill each other, they been doing it for a long time and they aren't gonna stop. One day these bleeding hearts will realize that the world doesn't get better by holding hands and singing, it gets better by removing the bad elements.

Guest Guitarsnguns
I

I think you can find whatever you're looking for in all this. We have a liberal president, a Democrat controlled congress, a bunch of gun grabbers right at the top of the food chain, etc. Will they use all this? Of course. It doesn't mean it's gonna tip the iceberg anymore.

I agree, this is such a BIG world , with so much going on every day; if you put a microscope on ANY issue, you can make it look like an epidemic. Reality is in the math...Gunowners in the U.S. / Gun related crimes of any type for any given period. = Seriously, what is that ratio? Something like lottery winners?

I agree, this is such a BIG world , with so much going on every day; if you put a microscope on ANY issue, you can make it look like an epidemic. Reality is in the math...Gunowners in the U.S. / Gun related crimes of any type for any given period. = Seriously, what is that ratio? Something like lottery winners?

Close to it.

• Administrator

They sure as heck aren't helping matters with the way the media over sensationalizes each and every event. All you need for balance is to look at the stories from places like Great Britain and Japan where you have mass stabbings and such.

The problem isn't the tool. The problem is evil people.

Well, since last night 5 cops in PA. were shot of which 3 were killed, sadly it seems there is almost some type of sick contest, going on as to who can do the most damage.

Two massacres leading up to the 1994 AWB:

"The Stockton massacre was an incident of mass murder that occurred on January 17, 1989, at Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California, United States. The gunman, Patrick Purdy, who held a long criminal history, shot and killed five schoolchildren, and wounded 29 other schoolchildren and two teachers, before committing suicide. His victims were predominantly Southeast Asian refugees."

"The Luby's massacre was a mass murder that took place on October 16, 1991 in Killeen, Texas, United States when George Jo Hennard drove his pickup truck into a Luby's Cafeteria and shot and killed 23 people, wounded another 20 and then committed suicide by shooting himself. It remained the deadliest shooting rampage in American history until the Virginia Tech Massacre."

After yesterdays shooting, here are just 2 Politician's comments.

"We've got to find a way to deal with this senseless, senseless violence," Joe Biden told an audience in New York. The state's governor, David Paterson, who flew to Binghamton last night, asked: "When are we going to be able to curb the kind of violence that is so fraught and so rapid that we can't even keep track of the incidents?"

That's really scary!:rolleyes:

Here is a statement that I regularly use to counter "the crazies and the massacres".

Here is a novel idea to consider, have you ever thought about what would of happened if each and every one of those crazy people during their quest for notoriety would of encountered an armed LEO, security guard or CCW holder?

We have to counter the antigun people with logic and reason because for the most part, they do not use it. I confront them with every encounter I can recognize.

Edited by Currently
Guest justme

After yesterdays shooting, here are just 2 Politician's comments.

"We've got to find a way to deal with this senseless, senseless violence," Joe Biden told an audience in New York. The state's governor, David Paterson, who flew to Binghamton last night, asked: "When are we going to be able to curb the kind of violence that is so fraught and so rapid that we can't even keep track of the incidents?"

I have a great idea--why don't they CONTROL CRIMINALS instead of trying to curb the rights of the people...the anti-gun people are idiots, as if restricting the rights of the people will stop the CRIMINALS...they are called criminals for a reason:screwy:

Guest nraforlife

Quote:

Originally Posted by nraforlife viewpost.gif

As I have mentioned before we need the government to role out a 'War on Guns' program.

you're joking right?

No I NEVER joke... Sarcastic maybe but joke NO. If we had a 'War on Guns' it would quickly turn into another 'War on Drugs' and 'War on Poverty' fiasco.

War on Drugs - more drugs, cheaper, EVERYWHERE and more potent

War on Poverty - more people on the public teat than ever

War on Guns - damn I always wanted a full auto AK off the books don't you.

These last two incidents are going arise and bite us. These were not your typical BGs with illegally obtained guns. Both shooters used legally obtained and held guns. The guy in PA even had a permit (not sure this was a carry permit but it was implied.) The cop killer was an ardent 2d Amendment advocate and had made public statements as such. He also had a very screwed up background. Incidents like these by legal gun owners and HCL/HCP holders just add "proof" to the "all guys with guns are bad guys" arguments used by our opponents. People going paranoid and going off half cocked with firearms definently don't help our efforts.

We need to be more careful in our speech ("time for an armed revolution", "blow the scum bag away", etc) and present a less threatening posture publicly until this storm blows over. It is time for the Gray Man posture not the Wild Bunch act. If we don't present a sane, sane, law abiding look, it may be gun owners who cost us our gun rights! Use your elected reps (bug the H out of them with email and letters, organize voter blocks, etc.) to fight this think, walking around looking and talking bad will just swing the general public over to the Antis side and vote our rights out of existance.

"This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickock!" Matthew Quigley

Edited by wjh2657

These last two incidents are going arise and bite us. These were not your typical BGs with illegally obtained guns. Both shooters used legally obtained and held guns. The guy in PA even had a permit (not sure this was a carry permit but it was implied.) The cop killer was an ardent 2d Amendment advocate and had made public statements as such. He also had a very screwed up background. Incidents like these by legal gun owners and HCL/HCP holders just add "proof" to the "all guys with guns are bad guys" arguments used by our opponents. People going paranoid and going off half cocked with firearms definently don't help our efforts.

We need to be more careful in our speech ("time for an armed revolution", "blow the scum bag away", etc) and present a less threatening posture publicly until this storm blows over. It is time for the Gray Man posture not the Wild Bunch act. If we don't present a sane, safe, law abiding look, it may be gun owners who cost us our gun rights! Use your elected reps (bug the H out of them with email and letters, organize voter blocks, etc.) to fight this thing. Walking around looking and talking bad will just swing the general public over to the Antis side and vote our rights out of existance.

Sorry for double post, can't seem to delete top message.

Edited by wjh2657

Noticeable how you never see national news on those occasions where armed and responsible citizens defend themselves with a firearm, or use a firearm to foil a crime in progress. I'm sure there are those who will point to these sad incidents and try to used them as justification to ban one sort of firearm or another.

Yet these same firearms critics never seem to get it that of all the millions of legally owned firearms out there, just how rare these incidents are. Scratch thet ... They know, but don't really care.

What a novel idea: Pass more firearms laws ... Crime solved!

We need to be more careful in our speech ("time for an armed revolution", "blow the scum bag away", etc) and present a less threatening posture publicly until this storm blows over. It is time for the Gray Man posture not the Wild Bunch act. If we don't present a sane, safe, law abiding look, it may be gun owners who cost us our gun rights! Use your elected reps (bug the H out of them with email and letters, organize voter blocks, etc.) to fight this thing. Walking around looking and talking bad will just swing the general public over to the Antis side and vote our rights out of existance.

Sorry for double post, can't seem to delete top message.

That sounds like a good idea, but if you have paid attention to politics the last few years - it doesn't work. The more you allow the opposition to control the conversation you loose exponentially more ground. What we need to do is be more active and outspoken and not worry about every little possible setback but fight to win the war and not every little battle. The anti's will report on whatever they want to and spin it to their own end. running around trying to put out every little fire will only make you tired and teh fire will rage.

Guest Dean_JC78
One day these bleeding hearts will realize that the world doesn't get better by holding hands and singing, it gets better by removing the bad elements.

I wish that was true but they never do figure that out. Of course they do agree when it comes to Conservatives and removing those "bad elements"

I think we need to leave the union and get our Republic back to what it is supposed to be.

Guest tarheel78

I am leery of any Congress that is under media pressure to "do something" about a perceived problem. The last time Congress was faced with public pressure to fix a "problem" we ended up with TARP and subsequent bailouts @ taxpayer expense. Stay vigilant as pappy use to say.

Guest theolog

These freakin' wing nut wack jobs are really starting to piss me off. Oakland, Binghampton, North Carolina, and now Pittsburgh show how out of control things really are. These people are going to destroy gun rights. But I'm actually much more concerned with the dead and the families of the dead right now.

Obviously this has little to do with legal gun ownership, and with crazy ass folks who are filled with hatred and evil and have gone bonkers. A dear friend of mine stood on her anti-CCW soap box about this. I couldn't reason with her. These ass holes are cowards who want little to no resistance. They murder those who cannot defend themselves, or those who are taken off guard. Maybe I'm naieve and stupid, but I say put a few hundred thousand trained CCW holders out there - in each state - who prefer life over death and care about their fellow citizens.

May God bless America. We're in for some dark times.

Well, just keep up the letters to your Congressman/woman and Senator reminding them not to endorse any irrational emotionally charged legislation against our 2nd Amendment rights, I guess it's my turn to fire a letter or two off again. Remind them in a polite way that we are the ones who hire and fire them every election, some you do not have to warn but encourage them to speak out and be a voice for all the decent law abiding gun owners.

As far as arguing with the public, there are some it's worth debating with, maybe you can calm them down some but there are others, and we all know how they are, that debating with them is pointless. There are some who I just don't acknowledge their existance anymore, like trying to argue with a yapping Chihuahuau, just say shoo, git, go away.