Tennessee Cartridge Prices

Have seen the prices go up $2 per box of 50 in the last 2-3 weeks, both at G&A and RangeUSA (Memphis). Talking basic 115gr, FMJ, 9mm. It's getting pretty darn expensive to shoot. A box of 50 goes pretty fast.

Anyway, any opinions on this ammo for practice shooting?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

Reloading isn't much better right now.......its getting tough tracking down all the components you need. Everyone is out of stock, or you have to order from 4 different places and pay shipping from each. Kinda kills the value of it.

Well I probably know more about the good stuff than the cheap target stuff. I've quit stockpiling that for now. Now I'm looking for cheaper practice rounds.

I've tried this orange box (Tenn. Cartridge) and it fires decently. Have seen a bit more misbehavior in my M&P than in my G26 when using it. Seeing prices around $13 per 50.

Then I've tried something in a blue and white box called Independence. Again 115gr, FMJ. About the same results. I've seen various brands called Independence (on internet). Someone told me they thought Federal made it, but I don't see any Minnesota address on box. This stuff is around $15 per 50 now.

Any recommendations for cheap FMJ (but I am trying to steer clear of reloads)?

Thanks again.

Guest DocHoliday

WHEN you can find it, Walmart has Winchester white box 115 gr. fmj for $19 per 100 rounds and UMC bulk economy packs at $48 for 250 rounds. Both come out to just about 19 cents per round. Then again, I haven't been able to find it at Walmart for some time.

fwiw: Cordova WM has about 5 boxes of 9mm blazer brass as of 30 min ago. And several boxes of 9mm wwb. Dude at the counter said it wouldn't be there tomorrow, and i'm sure he's right.

I have started just buying what i shoot now that i have 1,000 rounds of reserve (can't afford more than that). Still on the hunt for some gold dots, hst's, etc though.

WHEN you can find it, Walmart has Winchester white box 115 gr. fmj for $19 per 100 rounds ...

19.97 + 1.85 tax + .10 ammo fee = 21.9 cents per round, but who's counting? :koolaid:

Their Blazer Brass comes out to just under .20/round.

I haven't seen either in a month at the two Wallies I frequent the most.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest crotalus01

2 weeks ago I hit up 5 Walmarts in a day and ended up with a grand total of 100 rnds of 7.62x39, 120 rnds of .223, 40 rnds of .40 and 20 rnds of .223 ballistic tip - and I have been told I was doing really good getting that much!

Well I probably know more about the good stuff than the cheap target stuff. I've quit stockpiling that for now. Now I'm looking for cheaper practice rounds.

I've tried this orange box (Tenn. Cartridge) and it fires decently. Have seen a bit more misbehavior in my M&P than in my G26 when using it. Seeing prices around $13 per 50.

Then I've tried something in a blue and white box called Independence. Again 115gr, FMJ. About the same results. I've seen various brands called Independence (on internet). Someone told me they thought Federal made it, but I don't see any Minnesota address on box. This stuff is around $15 per 50 now.

Any recommendations for cheap FMJ (but I am trying to steer clear of reloads)?

Thanks again.

I know you're trying to keep away from reloads, but have you tried Georgia Arms? I've had pretty good luck with it. 260/k for 40 S&W FMJ.

Prices generally suck eveywhere I look. Everybody keeps braggin about Wallyworld, but I can almost never find ammo there. Maybe I should shop there more often...:tinfoil:

Guest docvantrease2003

have seen a sign in local gun shop that reads 20% surcharge on all ammo

Edited by docvantrease2003
miss spelling
Guest Halfpint

Tennessee Cartridge prices have gone up somewhat, but like Punisher said, a lot of that has to do with prices being raised by distributors.

I almost wish we could start allocating ammo, like distributors do to us--we get in a case of whatever, and somebody comes in and buys 15 out of 20 boxes, or sometimes the whole case, before we can even get it unpacked. Reminds me of all the "gas shortages" . . . :tinfoil:

Everything is going up right now. Places are running out of components and the demand for ammo is insane.

I'll second that. EVERYTHING!

The 40lb bags of food my dog is so fond of have gone up $10-15 a bag in the last few months.

Yes, I swear that's what's going on. I was at Dick's on Winchester a few weeks back and they actually had some 9mm. Anyway the salesman there tells me there is a guy who comes in each week when the shipment arrives and cleans them out. Same guy each week. He must have left a few boxes behind that time.

To continue on with Tenn. Cart....I just had a person tell me that they are reloads. But I've had others say they aren't. Anyone care to chime in?

Guest oldbs

I have had very good luck with Georgia Arms reloads in .45 and 9MM in Glocks - No FTF ever! You need to wait WEEKS for and order however but price still seems good.

Guest nitrous_mike

They are good rounds and pretty cheap for what it is. We print and make their cartons so please buy a lot of it since our work has been BAD slow. Everything is done here in West TN. I bought several thousand rounds back a couple of years ago when I found out they were going to have a 20% increase the next year because of the cost of material. Last time I talked to our sales man who deals with them, he said the same thing about them, the cost of material is killing them and they are fighting it as beast as they can to keep their prices low. If you check out their website they have new factory loads as well as their reloads and components Ammo Direct Ammunition - It's what you should be shooting!, was the same thing when I got all of my stuff and that is where we get our price list from. Now if this has changed I am sorry but that how it was when I did get all of my stuff since I had to double check the price sheet before I got the salesman to pick up my stuff. Just remember you are supporting TN jobs when you buy their stuff !!

• 5 months later...

How is Tennessee Cartridge Company?

I'm a firearms 'newbie' but I am interested in a good deal - I saw their website - is this ammo reliable and affordable priced? I didn't see too much information on this company.

That is one of my all time fave movies TNTitan. The rubber shark kills me every time.

That said, I bought some ammo at Gander mountain today (apparently they keep all the 9mm behind the counter) and it ran $20 for 50 rounds. That's twice as much as WM.

Look I know everyone who buys ammo in TN at least lurks here so lets come to a deal. If everyone promises to stop buying 9mm ball ammo from WalMart for the next month I'll promise to let everyone know when I have enough of the cheap stuff. :)

Edited by mosinon
changed teh to the
That said, I bought some ammo at Gander mountain today (apparently they keep all the 9mm behind the counter) and it ran $20 for 50 rounds. That's twice as much as WM.

I was in Gander the other day looking at ammo. The aluminium casing 9mm was just under $20/50 and the brass casing 9mm was just under $15/50.

They had both the Remington UMC and Blazer Brass 9mm at $15. Limit 2 boxes though.