Anyone looking for a junky old shotgun?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

Thing is that it was hand fitted to someone.. it will not shoot the same for another like it did for the original owner.

And I thought the Browning I want was expensive :rolleyes:

Those are regarded by several people as the creme of the crop it sure is pretty. Are the cases of Jack Daniel's in the background included with the sale price?

Edited by willis68
Guest Astra900
And I thought the Browning I want was expensive :rolleyes:

Those are regarded by several people as the creme of the crop it sure is pretty. Are the cases of Jack Daniel's in the background included with the sale price?

Probably a courtesy to the man that spends that kind of $$$ on a shotgun. The guy will need a good bottle booze after his wife finds out!

Probably a courtesy to the man that spends that kind of $$$ on a shotgun. The guy will need a good bottle booze after his wife finds out!

if a man spends that kinda dough on a shotgun, i will GUARANTEE you he doesnt have a wife, but if im wrong and he does, if he can afford that shotgun, he can buy a new wife

Guest FroggyOne2
What kind of layaway plan do you have again? Let's see I figured I could have it paid for in about 10 years.

Owner financing is what you really want, that way you get to shoot it while you pay for it!

Guest Jcochran88
Owner financing is what you really want, that way you get to shoot it while you pay for it!

yeah that would be even better!

You could always try out your local credit union. :D

Maybe we need to create a TGO credit union in order to finance items such as these.

It reminds me of when I (when I was single) went to a bank to ask about financing a used Lotus Esprit Turbo. The guys asks me "Who makes a Lotus?" :):screwy:

Edited by texfrazer
  • Administrator
Thing is that it was hand fitted to someone.. it will not shoot the same for another like it did for the original owner.

The buyer for something like this is a collector and views the firearm as an investment, not as something that he is going to take out and shoot the finish off of.

Guest FroggyOne2

David.. don't be so sure about that.. There are some folks that just have more money than they know what to do with and don't mind hunting with such a shotgun.. just think a simple run of the mill Perazzi MX8 Double Trap shotgun use for Olympic shooting will run between 8500 to 12K.

Guest FroggyOne2

Kim's original Perazzi MX12 was stolen, She had had it for 18 years and had shot over 1.5 million rounds through it. When she went to Beijing, it was the last Olympics that she shot it in with it.. There was a 5K reward for it's return, but no leads were ever recieved for it.

• Administrator
Kim's original Perazzi MX12 was stolen, She had had it for 18 years and had shot over 1.5 million rounds through it. When she went to Beijing, it was the last Olympics that she shot it in with it.. There was a 5K reward for it's return, but no leads were ever recieved for it.

Thanks for the brief on that. My wife's employer hunts with a $7k Perazzi. There's a little bit of a difference between a "low end" Perazzi and a $120,000 one-off piece previously owned by an NFL football star, as is the case with the one that Joe listed above.

That one's probably going to land in the hands of a collector. :screwy:

Guest FroggyOne2

Oh yeah.. I know what your talking about.. but some just don't understand.. but then that is why we discuss things on here don't we.

Her Alma Mater in Cali bought her a new one. Just a few weeks ago her stolen gun was recovered.

Thanks for the brief on that. My wife's employer hunts with a $7k Perazzi. There's a little bit of a difference between a "low end" Perazzi and a $120,000 one-off piece previously owned by an NFL football star, as is the case with the one that Joe listed above.

That one's probably going to land in the hands of a collector. :)

I'm sure that gun will end up in the hands of a collector. However, I would certainly not assume it won't be shot. It likely won't be hunted with, but I would bet it would bust clays in a sporting clays event somewhere or other. Many collectors shoot their guns unless they are antique, made prior to 1899, or have a significant story behind them, such as a gun used in a specific battle, used by a famous soldier etc.

Shotgun shooters and double gun rifle shooter especially almost all shoot their guns and regularly. I regularly see men shooting 75k-100k, 70-80 yr old shotguns. Guns that may represent only a handful left in the world of their special breed or that were engraved by this particular individual. Shotguns at the high end are all special, none are alike as they are specially engraved for that buyer. Double rifles are the same.