CZ52 points low

Guest Guitarsnguns

Guest Guitarsnguns

I have been shooting my CZ52 quite a bit since aquiring it about a month ago. I LOVE this gun and the 7.62 x 25 ammo; it's very solid and accurate, but it just naturally points low . I guess it's the size and shape of the grips. Does anybody have any tricks or tips to offer? I'd like to carry it if I could shoot it as well as my other carry weapons.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 4 and no problems, mine are extr. accurate, it just takes time to get used to such a unique gun. Practice and more practice is the best advice.

Did you do the pencil de-cocker test?

Guest Guitarsnguns

Does it have to do with the unintended firing of a round when the de-cocker is engaged? What is the deal with the de-cocker on this gun anyhow? Is it safe to use if it checks out to be functioning, or is a design flaw?

Yes, it does. The only 2 problems that cause this are 60 yr. old worn parts or springs, but mainly caused by Bubba, who doesnt like the rough military trigger system and the fragile (when dry-fired firing pin) so Bubba buys a firing pin from Harrington, which sells 3 different ones and type 1 by-passes the de-cock. function 100% of the time, type 2 by-passes it 50% of the time

and type 3 works normally (alledgedly). Harrington sells these parts and after Bubba installs one and later sells the gun, the next owner has a AD. There is no defect in the gun, but the cast fpin can break easily when dry-fired, i have never had any problems with any of mine!

Harrington Products CZ-52 Competition and Replacement Parts

There is a lot of good info. on there and if you would like to know anything else, please post.

Thanks, James

PS. When these first came out in the early 90s, i got one and ran tons of Velocity as well as Body Armor tests and with the Czech m-48 ammo of which certain types have a solid steel core will defeat B Arm. up to level 111 with trauma-plates, like a hot knife through butter and will come out through the back!:)

Velocity with Czech ammo ranges from 1478 fps - 1720 fps avg!

Guest Guitarsnguns

Thanks for all the info! I'll check out that site a little later. I'm with you on the 7.62 x 25 ammo variations and ballistics. Very interesting!:hat: That was definitely one of the features that made me buy it. It's much prettier than a Tokarev too IMO. (Maybe the Tok points better though?)

You welcome, yes the Tok. is easier to point, but all guns are different, but i love both the CZ & Tok. but prefer the CZ, but the small sights take getting used to, a little dab of white paint on sights helps a lot!:hat:

Guest Guitarsnguns

I know I can improve my shots with practice, (the gun is amazingly accurate) but the CZ52 is so ergonomically different, I'm actually afraid I will undo the practice I have put into the pistols I carry and can shoot well. I have two concealable semi autos and a revolver that I can draw and rapidly fire "lethal" shots into a silhouette target at 25' without really aiming. This took a great deal of time and a lot of lead to develop, but I would love to carry the CZ with confidence. I guess you can't have everything.

You said it, cant have everything, just like if one is used to an AR or AK and starts using a bull-pup.

I have seen and heard of many stories of a 52 out shooting a $1000. custom gun, just had to go and play with mine, one of which has been re-arsenalled 4x, but works as good as the others, the czech took great care of these and whenever one was re-ar. they checked and replaced high use parts on a reg.

basis.

All of mine have the legendary 1 dot on the slide, which was always said to mean the 1 dot was the most accurate, this has never been proven and the czechs arent saying, since then nobody would buy the ones that have 2-4 dots. There are also 4 more versions of the dot story out there, all of which i can prove to be wrong!

These guns are slowly getting scarce since only 175.000-200.000 were made and they have gone up in price almost 50% in the last 2 yrs.

Guest Guitarsnguns

If you or anybody you know are interested, (I know you have 4 already) Gunslingers in Kingsport, TN has about 30 re-arsenaled CZ52's in stock right now for $219.00

That's good to know and a very good price if it includes holster,rod and spare mag. i have a dozen mags and dont need any but was shocked that the mags, are hard to find and some places were asking $32.99 a mag.

My favorite one is Svetlana:D she was my first and :drool:followed me home in 94 and has 100% the original gray finish!:)

Just wondering if anybody has had any problems with any of the czech surplus not going bang? Reason i asked is that in the last yr. it seems to be a major topic of discussion and people claim that the primers are bad and the stuff is junk!

I have a ton of czech ammo made in 52 & 53 and all mine always goes bang,

as with any gun 60 yrs old it is poss. the firing pin or a spring is worn as well as could be some ammo was stored for many yrs. in Lybia or the Sudan and just got worn out, due to excessive heat.

Also sometimes hear of polish ammo and bulg. having split necks before as well as after firing, seems most claim the Rom. is the best except for what was made in 88, which was alledgedly a bad yr?