school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

2 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Man, the conspiracy theories.

Has it not occurred to everyone that:

1: The School and Church (with the concurrence of MPD) don’t want intimate details of the school (layout, etc) made public to the crazies that obsess on school shooters/shootings (like this school shooter did). The school still gets threats from crazies since the shooting.

2: The School and the Chirch (with the concurrence of the MPD) don’t think in that putting the crazy writings, detailed preparations, and others research done by this shooter will do anything but help fuel the next school shooting.

3: Putting all this out will be mentally harmful to the families that lost loved ones, as well as to the student and adult survivors (my wife included) that still deal with the effects of the shooting every day.

4: Once it is out there, it will forever be out there on the internet for future crazies to read, covet, and use to fuel their own sick fantasies.

5:Most folks who want this material released are just morbidly curious.
Others think there is must be some “big reason” that “we can’t know about” or that “doesn’t fit the agenda” or some other political bull####. 

With all due respect; let me translate this pronouncement: 

" We know best, how dare you ask these impertinent questions "..!

It's the usual " Were experts n we know best.  You are not mature nor smart enough to ask these impudent questions "... 

Some institutions and possibly personalities are being protected here, and it ain't the devastated families who lost loved ones here; nor the blueprints n floorplans of the Covenant School.  

I find the " morbidly curious " pronouncement to be a bit over the top.  When you do that; you've moved from debate to defamation.  That's never a good look. 

The questioning the details of what this poor demented child thought with an eye toward prevention of these tragedies is, in my view, a reasonable and fair question to be answered in the public forum.

Your mileage obviously varies.

leroy...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

With all due respect Leroy, I don’t think you don’t know what you are talking about. But, you are not intimately involved with the situation. 

Why does there need to be some “bigger reason” to explain a decision by those directly envolved?  Can’t folks accept a decision by those involved without thinking that something it being “hidden” othere than for the reasons I stated above?

I will agree that the “morbid curiosity” part is my own thought on this. Maybe it’s just plain curiosity.  I’m curious.  There is part of me that wants to see it all, but not to the point that I think “well if they don’t want to make it public, there is a bigger agenda at work here”

15 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

With all due respect Leroy, I don’t think you don’t know what you are talking about. But, you are not intimately involved with the situation. 

Why does there need to be some “bigger reason” to explain a decision by those directly envolved?  Can’t folks accept a decision by those involved without thinking that something it being “hidden” othere than for the reasons I stated above?

I will agree that the “morbid curiosity” part is my own thought on this. Maybe it’s just plain curiosity.  I’m curious.  There is part of me that wants to see it all, but not to the point that I think “well if they don’t want to make it public, there is a bigger agenda at work here”

In case you haven’t noticed, our government, as well as the media, have recently proven themselves quite untrustworthy. This, coupled with the fact so many folks are adamant the public not see this material makes me think that something very bad is being covered up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
10 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

The difference in me and you ( and the families ) is, Indeed, that I'm not " intimately involved "... That, I will grant. I can ( and do ) have empathy for them. 

That said, I believe that this is an issue of substantial public safety interest having considerable, social, political, professional, and institutional ramifications that does not need to be hidden nor swept under the rug under the guise of protecting the feelings of those involved. 

Those " involved " will, sadly never recover from this tragedy; and I understand that. 

That does not lessen the need for these issues not to be fully aired.  

leroy...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I’m mostly interested in preventing something like this from ever happening again in the future. If there is something in those notes that could help with that, I think keeping them locked away is an injustice. 
I cannot begin to imagine the grief those involved live with every day, but I’d think they’d want to prevent a repeat of this as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I suspect that if the shooter were some neo-nazi who shot up a minority school, all this hand-wringing and stonewalling about a manifest wouldn't exist.  And a week later it would be Trump's fault.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, deerslayer said:

I suspect that if the shooter were some neo-nazi who shot up a minority school, all this hand-wringing and stonewalling about a manifest wouldn't exist.  And a week later it would be Trump's fault.  

💯💯💯

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

• Like 4

It's just the ramblings of a psychopath as far as I am concerned. Even if horrors happened to her, she became a monster herself when she took it out on other innocents.

I do get that some people want desperately to find answers, or maybe that "eureka" moment that would allow the world to identify the trigger for madness, but I fear that all you'll read was madness to begin with. There's no light at the end of that tunnel.

Honestly I worry that it would inspire copy cats if anything. People love the macabre.

• Thanks 1
On 7/6/2024 at 6:33 AM, leroy said:

the judge is shielding the mental health " professionals " that watched this tragedy unfold and said nothing...

The word on the street

• Like 3

I don't care what is in the papers, however I think this sets a bad president form this time forward. Governments loves suppression and secrecy.

Look at what has happened since the shooting. The Families want to suppress it, but it is in the news almost daily. I feel sorry for them. 

• Like 2

It it not the government that is “suppressing” this. The church initially, then the school and the families of the victims, asked that the writings and research conducted by the shooter not be released to the public. 

Then the lawsuits started. Then the family of the shooter gave the rights to all the writings, etc, to the families.  The judge/government did not make the decision to not release the information. They just upheld the rights of the families to not release the documents. 

I  don’t think the conservative Christian, Republican families of victims are trying to shield Vanderbilt if they have culpability in this. Nor do I think they are part of some “Liberal Agenda” to suppress anything because she was trans.

If there is information in there that will help bring anyone who might have some culpability in this to justice, I feel pretty sure that the families and school will let the authorities use that information to the fullest extent of the law. 

• Like 2

This case notwithstanding, there's all kinds of laws and oaths to keep this kind of stuff private, but the whole nation is clambering for gun reform in place of mental health reform. The gun mfg and the gun stores didn't know she was a psycho and couldn't have done squat to prevent these murders, but her shrink(s) sure as hell knew and might be the only ones left alive to blame. Makes more sense than blaming the gun or society.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, BigK said:

This case notwithstanding, there's all kinds of laws and oaths to keep this kind of stuff private, but the whole nation is clambering for gun reform in place of mental health reform. The gun mfg and the gun stores didn't know she was a psycho and couldn't have done squat to prevent these murders, but her shrink(s) sure as hell knew and might be the only ones left alive to blame. Makes more sense than blaming the gun or society.

Get rid of political correctness and look a a picture of this gal. She's nuts, and I'm tired of everyone pretending this segment of society is o.k. They simply are not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Get rid of political correctness and look a a picture of this gal. She's nuts, and I'm tired of everyone pretending this segment of society is o.k. They simply are not.

Greg is right...

Check this out...

https://patriots.win/c/TheDonald/p/17te9pKIWx/

The " Trans Kids " are deeply troubled and are a danger to themselves and others... We need to quit believing the fairy tale that this is just a passing phase... Check out who some of Kyle Rittenhouse attackers were...SIGH...

leroy ...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2024 at 7:46 AM, Snaveba said:

5:Most folks who want this material released are just morbidly curious.
Others think there is must be some “big reason” that “we can’t know about” or that “doesn’t fit the agenda” or some other political bull####. 

And there are some of us that work in the public safety sector that can use these incidents as case studies to improve our response and hopefully at some point even prevent these from happening at all.  In my office, I have spent more time studying these events and how to respond than anyone else.  I continue that on my own time and my own dime so that if anything happens, I am as prepared as I can be. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I’d be interested to know, as with any mass shooter, what medicine had she been prescribed?

You’ll notice there is NEVER any mention of this after and incident. NEVER.

I’d be interested to know what medication most people I have to interact with on a daily basis have been prescribed, but it’s none of my business regardless of a curiosity to explain why they’re wrong or they are they aren’t right in the head.

What’s different with this psycho?  Why is everyone so obsessed with the scribblings of someone so disturbed?  No answers will be found.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I’d be interested to know what medication most people I have to interact with on a daily basis have been prescribed, but it’s none of my business regardless of a curiosity to explain why they’re wrong or they are they aren’t right in the head.

What’s different with this psycho?  Why is everyone so obsessed with the scribblings of someone so disturbed?  No answers will be found.

I think it's less about getting in anyone's business and more about finding a possible pattern or trend.  

• Like 6