Obama Orders GM and Doge out of NASCAR....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Now...he has truly messed with the wrong crowd.

There will be bloodshed.

On a serious note, this had better alert this country that a single entity has been given authority to manipulate free-market enterprise. This is bad news.

Guest Jcochran88

Well I have to say Fox race coverage was just talking about this in the prerace show on sunday. They had a segment about what would happen if the govt. made GM, Chrysler, and Ford get out of nascar. That is Taking there power way to far, but seems to me that there is a lot of money they spend there to get people to buy there cars. Just look at the parking lot when you go to the race track if it is not a truck then mostly not american made cars. I think the govt should stay out of it, but do think that they could find a better use for there money. And I am a Die Hard Nascar fan and would hate to see them leave.

Edited by Jcochran88

The reason advertisers love Nascar so much is that the fans are THE MOST brand loyal fans an advertiser could hope for. Tony Stewart fans will NOT shop at Lowe's. Jimmie Johnson's fans will NOT be found at Home Depot. Aside from fans, this is going to piss off people in several different sectors of the country.

I'm tired of all this bailout BS. The article says

the White House announced today that GM and Chrysler must cease participation in NASCAR at the end of the 2009 season if they hope to receive any additional financial aid from the government.

So all they have to do is like Ford did, don't take the Money

Guest jth_3s

No surprise. If they didnt want the Government running their companies they shouldn't have taken the bailout money. Look on the bright side maybe Obama will promise everyone a hybrid in 2012 :D

Guest GUTTERbOY

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this is an April Fool's joke from C&D.

Otherwise, the Pres had better get ready for a real poostorm.gif

EDIT: OK, I'm convinced it's a joke. Decided to get geeky and check out the page source. From the meta keywords:

nascar, april, foolish, gm...
Edited by GUTTERbOY