Alarm Going off in Tractor Supply

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way this is funny as hell, but i do feel sorry for 59allstate, i also have a guardian .32 that i bought 10 yrs. ago and it came in a fancy zip-open belt pouch, never used the pouch, however never had problems with the gun causing alarms to go off.

Wish we had a little for info. as to whether the gun or holster is new and if this happens at other places? I still think it might be a chip in the holster that might need to be de-activated, i know one thing i would never buy an HK with any type of chip!

59allstate please keep us up-dated on your "Alarm" gun and holster!:popcorn:

Thank's

Guest monsterking138

while i was at home depot waiting by the exit while a friend was checking out i kept setting their alarm off when the cashier asked if i smoked. she said the foil will set it off. so i took the cigarettes out of my pocket and the alarm stopped going off.

Funny (no, not really, but yet it is), my dad had a belt buckle that would do the same thing. How he traced the problem to his buckle I don't know.

If he put his hand over the buckle as he walked through the sensors nothing would happen, but if he left the buckle exposed the alarms would go off.

I'll have to see if my mom still has the buckle, oh the fun I could have :D

Guest TEBISH

My first job was at a supermarket and we used to take the rfid tags off of medicines and put them in our fellow workers bags, purses, jackets, etc as a prank.

Just an idea for those of you out there with idle time on your hands...

Guest pws_smokeyjones
Stuff like this will definately fire up the "tinfoils"

Just so we are clear - this only started happening after Obama was elected right? :up:

tfh.jpg

Alright found out today whats happening, this was bothering me all day.

Yesterday I went to get a special battery for a dog radio collar and took

the old package it was in with me, to be sure it was the correct one.

Last night I looked at the package and it had the magnetic tag on it.

This morning I took it with me along with the handgun to Walmart to

have a tire repaired. When I went through the scanner it went off, so

I asked the guy behind the desk to demag it and it beeped like it was

never scanned. Picked up 2 boxes of 9mm and left and it didn't go off.

Heres the kicker, when I returned to pick up the tire it went off going

out but hadn't went off going in. The guy scanned the battery tag again

and somehow it was active again.

I don't know why upon entering & leaving Home Depot it didn't go off after I had

left the handgun in the vehicle yesterday. Murphys Law.

If nothing else was learned it told me that these tags once they are scanned

can somehow set off the alarms if taken in another store.

Guest GhostHunter

I set the alarm off at Springfield Wally World, going in and out on two separate occasions, and I was packing heat both times. At first I thought it may have been my XD, but a day or two later, I went back through and no alarm. Hasn't done it since. Maybe just a coincidence? They can't detect metal, cause the shopping cart would play heck with it.

Guest SouthernSaltine

Those tags are great! I worked at Kmart part time back in the high school days. We used to take those tags and stick them anywhere and everywhere we could find just to F*%^ with people. Mainly the security guy up front!! We would put extra tags inside Shoes, Hats, Jackets, bags, and anything else we could find. Most of these items have 1 tag in them already and get run over the demagnetizer, but we would put an extra one somewhere that wouldn't, so the next time you came in it would go off.

We would also walk by people and drop them in there bags, carts, or toss them on them somewhere. One side is sticky so they would stick to anything. If you tossed it right you could get it to stick on them.

The best is one weekend we stuck them to ALMOST ALL the shopping carts in the store, that damn alarm was going CRAZY all day!! They couldn't figure out why the hell it keep going off.

AHH GREAT FUN!!!!

Those tags are great! I worked at Kmart part time back in the high school days. We used to take those tags and stick them anywhere and everywhere we could find just to F*%^ with people. Mainly the security guy up front!! We would put extra tags inside Shoes, Hats, Jackets, bags, and anything else we could find. Most of these items have 1 tag in them already and get run over the demagnetizer, but we would put an extra one somewhere that wouldn't, so the next time you came in it would go off.

We would also walk by people and drop them in there bags, carts, or toss them on them somewhere. One side is sticky so they would stick to anything. If you tossed it right you could get it to stick on them.

The best is one weekend we stuck them to ALMOST ALL the shopping carts in the store, that damn alarm was going CRAZY all day!! They couldn't figure out why the hell it keep going off.

AHH GREAT FUN!!!!

Putting tags discretely on the underside of shopping carts that are in the parking lot could be pretty funny :up:

Is your Blackberry in a holster/pouch? If so, it has a magnet in it that tells the blackberry it is in the holster, so it can turn off the screen and disable the keyboard. That is probably why it is going off with a blackberry.

On a slightly related note, if you ever find your motorcycle does not trigger stoplight sensors, then get a hold of some neodymium magnets, and attach them to the bottom of the motorcycle. The sensor is just a large inductor coil buried in the ground and the strong magnetic field generated by the magnets will trip the sensor as if it is a large chunk of steel, like a car for example. This trick will work with those automatic gates and such too. Should you ever have to go up the wrong way of a parking garage/lot, simply toss the magnet to the other side, and voila.

Edited by RoDan
Putting tags discretely on the underside of shopping carts that are in the parking lot could be pretty funny :rolleyes:

Thats to much work!

Back when I worked at Bi-Lo I figured out that by placing one on the scanner itself will work with awesomely results!

It will initially sound when you stick it on there,but will soon go off after so many rings.but once somebody walks back through the scanner it will break the signal,and will then sound again meaning everyones a victim with only one tag ;)

Guest OttoMaddox
. This trick will work with those automatic gates and such too. Should you ever have to go up the wrong way of a parking garage/lot, simply toss the magnet to the other side, and voila.

Repo guys use this trick to get in secured apartment complexes etc.