Arizona carry laws

I am going to Arizona in about eleven days for a long weekend. Debating whether or not I want to take my carry piece and bug with me. I am not sure if I am at more risk carrying where I am unsure of laws, or more at risk from criminal types. Mistakes either was could be bad news.

Gonna google it to try and learn. I am mostly curious about park carry and restaurant carry. I am pretty sure OC is legal as is CC. I also understand my TN HCP is acceptable there. I can transport in checked luggage with the airline.

Was hoping someone here might have some insight onto their laws.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

See here

OC legal without a permit.

State Parks and Forrset: Yes WMAs: No

Alcohol Restaraunt Carry: No

Prohibitions on carrying firearms in these venues apply to both open and concealed carry.

• Any establishment licensed to serve alcohol for on-premises consumption (e.g., a bar or restaurant, but not a liquor store or supermarket that sells alcoholic beverages in sealed containers).

• Any establishment or event open to the public where the operator makes a reasonable request for you to give them custody or remove the weapon from the premises. A sign would qualify for such request. By law, cities and counties are required to offer on-site storage if they ban weapons but not all are in compliance.

• The grounds of any public school, other than the parking lot. In order to be legal in the parking lot the weapon must be unloaded, and, if left in an unattended vehicle, such vehicle must be locked and the weapon out of sight.

• State universities and community colleges. Community-college parking lots are treated like those of public schools.

• Commercial nuclear or hydroelectric generating stations.

• Polling places on Election Day.

• Correctional facilities (this includes the parking lot of such facilities).

• Game refuges (except during an authorized hunt).

• You can take a firearm onto school property if you follow the procedure below. You are an adult in a vehicle and the firearm is unloaded before entering school grounds. Furthermore, if you must exit your vehicle, the firearm must remain unloaded and be secured (locked) within the vehicle, out of plain view (ARS 13-3102.I.1) Use caution and common sense if you must exit the vehicle with a firearm to secure it in the trunk (avoid causing a potentially serious disturbance)

"If an operator of a public establishment or a sponsor of a public event requests that a person carrying a deadly weapon remove the weapon, the operator or sponsor shall provide temporary and secure storage. The storage shall be readily accessible on entry into the establishment or event and allow for the immediate retrieval of the weapon on exit from the establishment or event." Some agencies and jurisdictions are choosing to not comply with the new laws - there are no penalties for non-compliance.

Note: Carry in State/County/City parks is legal if it is not posted with a No Firearms sign. If it is posted you cannot carry there legally even with a permit.

Edited by Fallguy

thanks for the rundown Fallguy. That is pretty much what I have been finding too.

I feel I am damned if I do and damned if I don't, LOL. I pretty much am willing to roll the dice and go naked, but I will sure feel like I am missing something if I do.

It would be easier if I had a definite itinerary for while I am there. The only thing I know for sure we are doing is going to Tombstone one day and that will most likely involve eating at a place that serves.

I think you'll be ok if you carry Mike. If nothing else print a copy of this and keep it with you.

I have carried in a few states, some when permits and recognition where still pretty new. Of course never had any interaction with out of state LEOs so never had any problem. Of course first time in a new state I was a little worried, but I just try to make sure I know off-limit places...I think that would be the biggest thing you'd run in to.

From what I have read that is prohibited, restaurants with on premise consumption would be the main concern. I think we will be in a park or two but no national parks or WMA's.

I will wrestle with the decision until I have to make it.