Are any of you using a Raven Concealment Systems holster?

• Administrator

Tonight I ordered a Raven Concealment Systems "Phantom" outside the waistband (gasp!) holster for my M&P and the production delay looks to be about 40 days according to the status email they sent.

I have been meaning to order a Phantom for a while now but finally got around to doing it. The Phantom is a pancake style holster but is made of Kydex instead of leather, and I'm a sucker for Kydex. The photos that I've seen indicate that the Phantom really pulls the firearm in close to your body rather than let it sort of flop around out there on your belt like a lot of outside carry holsters do.

I've got a DeSantis Speed Scabbard for OWB use right now and like it well enough, but given my druthers I will almost always pick Kydex for speed of draw, positive retention and ease of reholstering.

Don't worry... I'll be carrying concealed even though it's OWB. I'm not defecting to the Open Carry world. :rolleyes:

Here are some pictures of another guy's RCS Phantom:

RCS-MP.jpg

raven.jpg

raven_vs_comp-tac_owb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton

That rear view looks like it does pull in nice and tight but the side view looks ugly to me.

Almost like there's too much Kydex material on each side.

That rear view looks like it does pull in nice and tight but the side view looks ugly to me.

Almost like there's too much Kydex material on each side.

That's so you can heat it up and reshape it for any other gun using a hair dryer and any old tree stump lying around.:) I like that one. Can't wait till you get it so I can try it on for myself. I also like the look of the Aholster IDPA rig.

• 1 month later...
Just got an email. My Raven Concealment "Phantom" holster has been shipped. :rofl:

Hey David, if you get a chance get your wife to try it on. I'm curious if it is comfortable for her or if it is causes the grip to press into her side.

I was just looking at their website and thought the "Ghost OWB" might work for my wife. We're still trying to figure out a good holster solution for her.

(She has an M&Pc.)

• Administrator

The holster is intentionally designed with "extra" material because it's required to pull the holster in tighter to the body. I questioned that same aspect of it when I first saw photos of the holster elsewhere, but the answer was pretty much universally what I just said.

Guest FroggyOne2

David .. have you looked at the Blackhawk Serpa.. retention with speed.. level one retention. And it is fast..

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

RavenConcealmentPhantomforSmithW-2.jpg

RavenConcealmentPhantomforSmithW-1.jpg

RavenConcealmentPhantomforSmithWess.jpg

Received it a while back but forgot to update this thread. I love it. Best OWB holster that I have ever owned. In fact, I've ordered two more of them; one for my Glock 19 and one for my Kimber Warrior.

The Phantom pulls up TIGHT to the body and is almost as discrete as any IWB holster that I have used. The extra kydex and wide spread of the belt loops are key to the compact, low profile that it provides.

My wife has not yet tried it.

• Administrator
What I am curious of is if the grip poaks into her side.

That is a problem my wife seems to run into.

It would probably would. It doesn't cant outward the way that most holsters designed for women are.