New Sights for my CZs

crc4

The Meprolights on my CZ75b and 97b have played out after 17 years and have dimmed too far to be of value for night work. Plus, a new CZ P-01 needs night sights too.

I've been looking for some time and frankly, it's rather confusing to find the right sights as claims of 'this one is great' with the next fellow saying 'these are trash' are common.

So after a lot of research, I've decided to buy one new sight, the Truglow TFX Pro Tritium and Fiber Optic Xtreme, install it myself and see how it goes. I'll put it on my 75b.  Truglo TFX Pro Tritium and Fiber Optic

If it works out, I'll get the same sight for my other CZ pistols. I hope it does as I like having the same sights on my guns as it makes it easier to go from one gun to another, particularly as these CZs feel the same in the hand.

I've never used a fiber optic before so this gives me a chance to see if they work for me.

• Like 3

I think you have great taste in guns and in sights. I love TFO sights; I have them on one of my guns too. I bet you love them on your CZ. I could never find them in stock when I was shopping for sights for my P-01 or that's what I would have gotten too.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BigK said:

I think you have great taste in guns and in sights. I love TFO sights; I have them on one of my guns too. I bet you love them on your CZ. I could never find them in stock when I was shopping for sights for my P-01 or that's what I would have gotten too.

Thanks. With the exception of a few Markarovs and an FEG High-Power clone, all my semi-autos are CZs. I've installed M*CARBO trigger springs on the 75b, P-01, and 97b and reduced DA pull by a minimum of 40% and SA by 47% without having light hammer strikes. I did do some polishing of connecting rods, sears, and hammer, but only polishing which I'm certain has contributed to the smoothness and crispness of the triggers.

Now I'm getting new sights for all of them. Glad to hear you like your TFO sights. I've never used a fiber optic before, but with the tritium should be good day and night.

Thanks for your response.

4 minutes ago, crc4 said:

Thanks. With the exception of a few Markarovs and an FEG High-Power clone, all my semi-autos are CZs. I've installed M*CARBO trigger springs on the 75b, P-01, and 97b and reduced DA pull by a minimum of 40% and SA by 47% without having light hammer strikes. I did do some polishing of connecting rods, sears, and hammer, but only polishing which I'm certain has contributed to the smoothness and crispness of the triggers.

Now I'm getting new sights for all of them. Glad to hear you like your TFO sights. I've never used a fiber optic before, but with the tritium should be good day and night.

Thanks for your response.

I don't know how a 75b has eluded my collection all these years.

I love my CZs, but I almost didn't get a SP-01 back together once after polishing the sear and swore I'd never take one apart again, LOL. Same thing with my CZ 82, it was hard to get back together. The smith that did the cerakote agreed. He said he hopes he never sees me in his gun store again after reassembling it. LOL

50 minutes ago, BigK said:

I don't know how a 75b has eluded my collection all these years.

I love my CZs, but I almost didn't get a SP-01 back together once after polishing the sear and swore I'd never take one apart again, LOL. Same thing with my CZ 82, it was hard to get back together. The smith that did the cerakote agreed. He said he hopes he never sees me in his gun store again after reassembling it. LOL

M*CARBO has the best trigger kit installation videos on CZs and a wide variety of other makes and models. Here's the one for the 75b from start to finish. 

CZ 75b trigger spring kit installation

The CZ82 however, is notorious for being difficult and cussworthy. I have 2 but in 20 years it's never been necessary to do more than typical field stripping, thank God.

• Like 1