Restaurant Carry Amendments

Guest TEBISH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife

Oh well, its your life. BE safe and carry and take the chance of being busted or BE safe and don't go out of the house or BE somewhat safe and eat elsewhere in a more, if there is such a thing, better environment. Same for parks.

Guest Boomhower
Not too hard I think...just have to call and make an appointment.

Looks like there in lies the answer then......I know it's hard to do, but I hope everyone doesn't think that the opponents are not making time for a little F2F.

These amendments are far more than ridiculous and absurd. Each of these amendments force a business owner into making a decision that they should NEVER be required to make. All they need to do, is properly post signage at their establishment, and case closed. End of controversy.....Why do these libtards refuse to see common sense.

I called Dale Ford's office and talked with his secretary, she does not know how Ford will vote but said that their is alot of opposition for the restraunt carry bill. She was personally against the parks carry due to kids being in the area and would not let me give my opinon on that matter. I feel that these bills will fail again this year.

Maybe contact a pro- legislator and ask them to pass this on to Ford. If this is going on, Mr. Ford may have cause to wonder about exactly where his constituents stand. He may be hearing his screener's opinion, and she only has ONE vote. Something else to cause Mr. Ford pause?

Guest db99wj
these amendments wont go anywhere...

The only one I see being added is from the sponsors... this may include and alcohol %... or verbage like "a business thats sole/main purpose is to sell alcohol"...

I hope you are right and tend to agree. I did email asshat sponsor Hardaway and I also sent one to Todd thanking him for writing and supporting and fighting for this bill.

Guest justme

You would think that common sense would be a requirement to be in an elected office....

OBVIOUSLY though that isn't the case with our wolderful politicians...

after reading these amendments I have to say--we need to invent a pill for stupidity and give our legislators in Nashville a few of them...

Guest db99wj

While watching them vote, several of the bills had amendments on them, they would read them, then vote, no majority, the amendment would fail. It appears that it might be a stall tactic, but sooner or later they get through them. This one was left on the table, from what I thought I heard was a study that had not been delivered. When I wrote my letter to Rep Todd, I asked for a clarification of that. I have not heard back yet. I sent the email yesterday.

...after reading these amendments I have to say--we need to invent a pill for stupidity and give our legislators in Nashville a few of them...
Please don't. Even if it would make the world a much better place, I would have to change my sig, and I'm not that creative. :D
Guest pws_smokeyjones

The most recent Rep that I heard from indicated that all of these amendments would likely be voted down. They are indeed a two pronged tactic. 1. to delay the bill and 2. in case the bill passes make it financially and physically impractical for a restaurant to NOT post their business as off-limits. I still have faith that the restaurant carry bill will pass - who knows what exactly it will look like when it leaves the governors desk though. I encourage you to write to the Reps but be professional and calm. Sending them over the top, outrageous and threatening emails won't do anything other than get deleted.