P-95DC

Guest archerdr1

Guest archerdr1

I have a Ruger P95DC (9mm) with 1-15 rd mag, 3-10rd mags, a double mag holster, and a hoster for the pistol itself. I am thinking about selling it to get a smaller frame (not necessarily a smaller cal., sas a taurus Millennium .45 that was about the right size). The pistol and all the extras are in great condition due to the fact that I clean my weapons regularly. The gun store here wants to give me 225, but I would really like to try to get at least $300 for it...is this unreasonable? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

The problem with selling a gun to a dealer is they are always going to offer a lot less then what you want to get. And it's not necessarily because they are trying to low ball you, they have to turn around and sell that gun again, and make a profit that's worth them taking a chance on a gun that may not sell for a while.

My suggestion would be to sell in the classifieds, either here or one of the Internet sites.

I'm sure you could get $300 for it if you post an ad and be a little patient. I've had good luck on here with responses in the classifieds. Usually someone contacts me the same day.

Guest archerdr1

great, thanks. I know they have to make a profit, but the woman lied straight to my face. She said that she would give me $225 for it and would sell it for $299, She said that she has had a lot of those in there and that is what she always sells them for. Yet, they have one in their cabinet and it had a price tag of $349.

I had a p95dc like yours, and sold it to a guy on Signal Mtn for $250, I think. But that was about three years ago. The older model is built like a tank. It shoots great, but it does not pull down big bucks on resale. If I had $300 I would seriously consider buying your pistol! That is a great gun!

Guest archerdr1

It too is the older model. I have never had even so much as a hiccup from it. That thing is indestructable. Jhatmaker, I put it on classifieds. I added $20 to the price but also added a box of 100rd of ammo plus there are 7 or 8 Federal Hydro Shok bullets too. ALREADY RECEIVED 2 INQUIRIES!!! Thanks for the advice. One, I had to say no, the other, interrested, has a S&W Sigma .40 and is interested in a trade. S&W Sigma was my first gun...Really liked it, so maybe!

Guest JHatmaker
It too is the older model. I have never had even so much as a hiccup from it. That thing is indestructable. Jhatmaker, I put it on classifieds. I added $20 to the price but also added a box of 100rd of ammo plus there are 7 or 8 Federal Hydro Shok bullets too. ALREADY RECEIVED 2 INQUIRIES!!! Thanks for the advice. One, I had to say no, the other, interrested, has a S&W Sigma .40 and is interested in a trade. S&W Sigma was my first gun...Really liked it, so maybe!

Excellent, there you go!

Guest Packina45

ArcherDr1,

Just sold that same model about a month ago, for $400. Granted, it was in excellent, barely shot condition and I off loaded all my 9mm ammo with it (almost 100 rounds). Those pistols have a great reputation for reliability and are definitely not cheapies. $350 for just the pistol in great shape is not asking too much. $300 for a shooter with wear is very reasonable, I believe.

Guest archerdr1

thanks, I think I just sold it. Sucks though because I was going to get another one but some of our bills just caught up with us (and passed us) and now I am going to have to use that $$$$ to pay those. Maybe I can find a good layaway plan!