Move to Tn.and new purchase

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

I finally moved to the State. The only problem is that I live so far out I can't get online! (I can shoot in my own yard though. A BIG +) I have to go to the local Wally World parking lot to pick up signal on the laptop.

Now to the new purchase-I introduced my sister to the joys of shooting and now she's hooked. I bought a Bersa Thunder .380 for her as a surprise. She should get it at the end of this week. She has no idea I've done this, I'm just going to make her go in the store with me to buy some ammo-she's gone through about 400 rds. of mine since I've been here-and it will be on the counter with her paperwork. I can't wait to see her face.

I'll try to get online more often, and let you all know how she does with the Bersa.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Welcome, sucks about the Internet situation. Have you looked into Satellite Broadband, or do you just use WiFi? I'm looking into getting a nice little .380, I'm sure she'll love it.

Welcome to TGO. Yep, lack of HS internet service is the only disadvantage I can think of to living in the "boonies". I had to go to sat and it is still not like DSL. Yeah, it is nice to be able to shoot on your own property.:)

oldogy

Guest boatme99

Yes, the .380 is tough. I've got some stashed I'll give her. I don't fire my .380 anymore. I've got Sprint sattelite, but it doesn't pick up where I live.

Guest kg4tyr

I am an installer for HughesNet and the newest system they have (HN9000) is on a dedicated satellite. Only the customers with this system are on it, and it will handle 500,000 customers. It depends on the broadband you're used to, but it is pretty fast. It is faster than my AT&T DSL, but I have the cheapest plan available. It definitely worth a look into. It's a little pricey but it sure beats dial up if you have no other choice.

I live just up the road from you in Lafayette (Macon County) I'm rural, but I have NCTC for phone company and they have cheapest broadband DSL in area. They also have a 24/7 tech service available that is outstanding. I have had to resolve several issues (home equipment generated, not NCTC) and they have helped me immensely and quickly) NCTC services Carthage, but I'm not sure whether their DSL lines go there. Check with the phone company when you get there.