Installing Trijicons... a little help?

Guest Chuck McDaniel

Guest Chuck McDaniel

I'm installing trijicons on a new Glock I picked up. When viewing from the rear of the pistol, does the rear sight install right to left or left to right? Also, are Trijicons a compression fit only on the rear sight or should I use some blue loctite?

Just wanted to find out if anyone knows before I have to call Trijicon and talk to three people before I can get an answer.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about glocks...I wouldn't use one..but basic smithing would suggest that you not use locktite, you may wish to move your rear sight after its installed to increase the accuracy of your weapon....ask LEN or one of the other plastic pistol supplicants.

hope you get it just the way you want it! Trijicons are good sights!

They are friction-fit, no set-screw. You will need a sight-pushing tool in order to get the best alignment with the least fuss. I'd recommend taking it to a Glock armorer (who will have the tool), and let them install and align your sights. The $25-$35 it will cost will be well worth avoiding the frustration of a scored slide or sights.

No loctite on the rear site, although using some blue on the front sight is an option. You really should use a sight-pusher as per Molonlabetn. List of Glock armorers by state is here: http://glockmeister.com/ArmorersList.shtml

They are friction-fit, no set-screw. You will need a sight-pushing tool in order to get the best alignment with the least fuss. I'd recommend taking it to a Glock armorer (who will have the tool), and let them install and align your sights. The $25-$35 it will cost will be well worth avoiding the frustration of a scored slide or sights.

If my memory serves me correctly, the rear sight cut on a Glock isn't straight. It's slightly hourglass shaped to allow the plastic sights to be installed. I've been told that using locktite on it was recommended.

Guest Chuck McDaniel

Thanks to all who responded. I did my own research with a little help from DaveTN and an armorer I contacted. In case someone else has this question in the future, the answer is that Trijicons are compression fit on the rear sight (no loctite needed on the rear sight - thanks molonlabetn) and, as with all other rear sights for Glocks, should be installed right to left.

Apparently, the rear XS night sight has a set screw and needs the addition of loctite (provided with sights). Many suggest that with Meprolights and Ameriglos that you use a small amount of blue loctite on the rear sight after checking zero (it will wick into the dovetail around the sight).