In the car

Guest Jonathan B.

Guest Jonathan B.

I mentioned too a buddy the other day that I was going to take my old cheap holster and attach it too the inside of my car next my right leg below the console. He told me that may be illegal in TN.

He is from out of state so I doubt he really knows.

Anybody know anything about this? How do you guys keep it in the car so it is easily accessible? Or do you just leave it on yourself(May be problematic with an inside belt, small of the back holster though, which is what I intend to use).

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not against the law in TN as long as you have permit.

Different states have requirements of it either being visible of concealed in a car, so that might be the source of your friend's confusion.

I usually just keep it on my person...addmittelay it would make it hard to draw while I'm still sitting in the driver's seat. Sometime I place it in the center console.

Guest SouthernSaltine
I mentioned too a buddy the other day that I was going to take my old cheap holster and attach it too the inside of my car next my right leg below the console. He told me that may be illegal in TN.

He is from out of state so I doubt he really knows.

Anybody know anything about this? How do you guys keep it in the car so it is easily accessible? Or do you just leave it on yourself(May be problematic with an inside belt, small of the back holster though, which is what I intend to use).

Thanks in advance.

It is not illegal to have it out in your car.

I normally place mine in the cup-holder while I am driving.

Guest JHatmaker

I either go center console, or in the slot on the door (rests nicely in there). If I know I'm about to go through a rough area or neighborhood, I put it in the cup holder.

I agree with the above post about having a perminant holster in site, 1) it lets people know you've got a gun, and that it could be in there, and 2) drilling or anything to your interior will dramitcally reduce the cars resale value (if that's important to you)

Guest db99wj

I used the XD holster that came with the gun, shoved it between the seat and the console. I use to want a holster in my car attached so that it would stay put in the event of a wreck or something, but I have changed my mind. The reason is that if you get car jacked and they catch you unaware and pull you out of your car, or if your car is locked and they come up and break the window and have a gun to your head and order you out, you have then been separated from your gun. That is the last thing that I want to happen, obviously because of them having a gun, but my kids might be in the back seat. I need to have my gun on me so that I can take the appropriate action against this person. If it is just me, I watch as my Jeep goes on down the road, if my kids are in the Jeep, there is going to be a shootout, hopefully me shooting then waiting on the cops.

I have found the right combination of gun and holster that is comfortable even if I am in the car for hours at a time, which is frequently. I don't take the gun out of my holster....unless legally I can't take it with me.

Just my opinion.

Guest pws_smokeyjones
It is not illegal to have it out in your car.

I normally place mine in the cup-holder while I am driving.

Really? where do you put your beer then? :stick:

I used the XD holster that came with the gun, shoved it between the seat and the console. I use to want a holster in my car attached so that it would stay put in the event of a wreck or something, but I have changed my mind. The reason is that if you get car jacked and they catch you unaware and pull you out of your car, or if your car is locked and they come up and break the window and have a gun to your head and order you out, you have then been separated from your gun. That is the last thing that I want to happen, obviously because of them having a gun, but my kids might be in the back seat. I need to have my gun on me so that I can take the appropriate action against this person. If it is just me, I watch as my Jeep goes on down the road, if my kids are in the Jeep, there is going to be a shootout, hopefully me shooting then waiting on the cops.

I have found the right combination of gun and holster that is comfortable even if I am in the car for hours at a time, which is frequently. I don't take the gun out of my holster....unless legally I can't take it with me.

Just my opinion.

+1

Really? where do you put your beer then? :mad:

Great Question. That does offer up quite a dilemma. :stick: