I just got made.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, after thinking about it and not being 100% reassured by the owner, I think I might have to take my business elsewhere.

Not that he would notice too much, but for 8 years I have pointed anyone and everyone in his direction due to his prices; so I guess I might spend the next few years pointing people elsewhere.

I have a very good friend that I work with and also shoot with quite a bit that's father is on the Chamber of Commerce and active in the local GOP....surely he can find me a liquor store owner that is 100% behind legal carry.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Guest Hyaloid

You did good. You showed understanding to the opposing (and ignorant) point of view, you attempted education, and you gave a second chance. you did more than probably 95% of us would have.

Despite your efforts, they still remain unconvinced and to me that would be unacceptable.

Now, take your money someplace that respects your rights. Thanks for your handling of the situation, it looks good for all of us.

I think you conducted yourself very well and showed the store employees a very good example of a responsible gun owner. I think it would eventually get worked out with the owner, but I can't disagree with taking your business elsewhere.

Guest Patty

Here is what I think about this. As a gun owner, and a permit holder, I know the rules. As well as needed. Booze and firearms just don't mix. If your going to carry a firearm maybe you should consider avoiding the booze. As I am sure you are going to drink it, right? Which is your right too. But you did agree to avoid that while carrying. I say be the best example you can be, for all of us.

Here is what I think about this. As a gun owner, and a permit holder, I know the rules. As well as needed. Booze and firearms just don't mix. If your going to carry a firearm maybe you should consider avoiding the booze. As I am sure you are going to drink it, right? Which is your right too. But you did agree to avoid that while carrying. I say be the best example you can be, for all of us.

Ummm...there is a difference between purchasing it and consuming it.

As far as you or anyone else know, he was going to disarm at home before consuming it.

Heck of a first post there Patty.

As the OP is permitted to carry he certainly knows the law as to alcohol consumption and gun possession. It never occured to me that he was going to get lit up wearing a gun.

I have two guns sitting on a bar right now, bar is very well stocked. I wonder if the guns will get drunk. <Gasp> one of them is chambered.

What i find really amazing is I can drink on occassion and manage to not handle a gun at the same time.

Guest db99wj

If I am at my house, I come in from whatever, still wearing my gun, and grab a beer, what's the big deal? Or should I be sure go take my gun off before I drink that beer?

Ok, am I more likely to shoot up my house if it is on my hip, or if it is sitting next to me...Should I take my car keys out of my pocket too?

If I am at my house, I come in from whatever, still wearing my gun, and grab a beer, what's the big deal? Or should I be sure go take my gun off before I drink that beer?

Ok, am I more likely to shoot up my house if it is on my hip, or if it is sitting next to me...Should I take my car keys out of my pocket too?

I'm with you......I went out to eat the other night....being law abiding I left my gun in the car. Had a couple of beers with me steak. Came back out, rearmed and drove home. Hard to really see what the difference would have been if I had been armed the whole time.

My point was that even if you are against the above.....going into a package store and purchasing it is even less controversial than the above.

Guest db99wj
I'm with you......I went out to eat the other night....being law abiding I left my gun in the car. Had a couple of beers with me steak. Came back out, rearmed and drove home. Hard to really see what the difference would have been if I had been armed the whole time.

My point was that even if you are against the above.....going into a package store and purchasing it is even less controversial than the above.

Absolutely.

Hmm.......Thanks for the input and for the follow up defense for me guys:) Guess I shouldn't carry in Wal-mart either or maybe should just disarm for the beer isle. Think the lady stocking the milk would hold it for me til I got past the beer isle?

Guest db99wj
Hmm.......Thanks for the input and for the follow up defense for me guys:) Guess I shouldn't carry in Wal-mart either or maybe should just disarm for the beer isle. Think the lady stocking the milk would hold it for me til I got past the beer isle?

I agree, you should give your handguns to me, especially the Kimber and the XDM. Thanks!:D