Walther P22 question

Guest crotalus01

Guest crotalus01

I have a Walther P22 that I bought brand new in Dec 07 for a suppressor host. It has about 2K rounds through it. Tonight I was shooting at the range and one side of the polymer takedown lever just broke off. Now the gun is still functional but I am a bit pissed (a lot pissed) since this is a low mileage gun and shouldnt have any issues. I looked at the manual and it states a limited 1 year warranty (of course it is 3 months out).

Who would I contact to see if they will fix this obvious defect despite it being out of warranty? Any suggestions?

*This is one of my favorite guns, I love shooting it suppressed. I really hope S&W or Walther does the right thing and fixes it, warranty be damned...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rem_700

I would contact Walther or S&W..If they won't fix it under warrenty,then they should fix it for a price.I'd say any gunsmith should be able to fix it.

Guest m&pc9

1. How do I return a Walther pistol for repair?

Please contact our Customer Support Center for instructions on how to return your handgun for repair: 1-800-372-6454 (Inside USA) 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (Monday - Friday).

It did say it was only a 1 yr warranty. But I would try to get them to fix it free.

It could be worse it could be a Taurus, You would get it back next year.

Edited by m&pc9

Hm.. didn't knwo there was a time limit on the warranty. (?) They are distributed through S&W, and all S&Ws have lifetime warranties. My P22 had a failure after about 3 years and 13-15,000 rounds. I called S&W, they sent a call tag, and I had my gun back in working order in about 2 weeks. Give 'em a call, I'm sure they'll fix it.

The P22, while not really cheap... is really cheap. I like 'em and I loved mine, but they aren't exactly built like tanks. I think breakages like that just come with the territory. For th ultimate in longevity go Ruger, IMHO.

They are sweet little guns. My friend has one suppressed. He has only had minor issues with it, but nothing requiring him to send it to S&W, though he said it had a lifetime warranty. It is a very fun plink gun. I almost bought one until I got a killer deal on a Beretta Neos 6". The Neos's mechanism can't get any simpler. It is Glock simple.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I like my P22 as well, but that goofy little plastic takedown 'thing' is about a sorry design IMO. however, I would be surprised if S&W won't fix it for you. if they don't, that little plastic part can't be that expensive. I have not looked at mine in a while but you probably could replace it yourself in a pinch.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Metalhead - if I didn't know better I would say that was a left-handed comment towards me! I will have you know that I always use a phillips head screwdriver, not a flat head. :stick:

I have a P22 on any given range day one of my favorite options especially with the ammo $$$$. I have had a couple of minor things that I needed and when I call the customer service number in the back of the manual (S&W) they have sent me whatever I needed no cost right away no questions, period.