national service bill

Guest Mugster

Yeah, FEMA. They really scare me. FEMA did such a good job during Hurricane Katrina. I'm sure their evil plan to enslave the American populace in their detention camps is just around the corner.

Dont be so suprised if it comes DOG . Guess you dont r:death:ead much.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife

For those who don't get it, it was economic slavery and not physical slavery being addressed in "It does not take steel to make slave shackles."

Gerald R. Ford, who said, "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have," in an address to a joint session of Congress on August 12, 1974

I'm not saying is arguments are not good,or bad,I'm just tired of hearing them!

This is a GUN board! Not an anti-gov board,not a conspiracy board,not a lets bitch about something board.

Its getting a little old that one can not open a single thread without seeing nra,or you making some ridiculous claim about how the Gov sucks.

If you're really that tired of the gov then do something about it other then rant over the interwebz all live long day.And I'm pretty sure yall haven't or we would have already read about it like a bigilion times.

So until I see somebody on the 6:00 news running for office,or taking signatures for a petition,yall have absolutely no credibility with me.....and I dont think I'm the only one....

This is the POLITICAL FORUM of the board. The way I read it this is where anyone can argue about anything that is political weather it's gun related or not. And I really can't remember when I woke up this morning actually caring if you think I'm credible or not.

For those who don't get it, it was economic slavery and not physical slavery being addressed in "It does not take steel to make slave shackles."

Gerald R. Ford, who said, "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have," in an address to a joint session of Congress on August 12, 1974

How is the Gov turning us into "economic slaves"?

Ill be kind enough to post the definition of slave:

1 : a person held in servitude as the chattel of another 2 : one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence

Ill also be kind enough to post the definition of the word servitude:

1 : a condition in which one lacks liberty especially to determine one's course of action or way of life 2 : a right by which something (as a piece of land) owned by one person is subject to a specified use or enjoyment by another

So,how is the Gov completely removing our liberties,and how are we "completely subservient to a dominating influence"which is the gov here?

This is the POLITICAL FORUM of the board. The way I read it this is where anyone can argue about anything that is political weather it's gun related or not. And I really can't remember when I woke up this morning actually caring if you think I'm credible or not.

I'm not sure why you're saying that,I never addressed you.Actually you've never posted anything in this thread,or any other thread(as far as I can remember anyway) to make me feel such towards you.

Actually I dont think we have ever even replied to one another,or had any sort of conversations before.

Yes this is a Political sub forum.

Like said,there is a difference between a political discussion,and just whining about the "imperial"Gov turning us into "slaves" ;)

Edit:

Id like to ask you nra,what have you done to try and change things for the better?

Have you ever ran for office,etc?

Edit 2:

Id also like to mention that Ill be the first person to complain about how things are with the Gov as they are now.

I also hate how big the Gov is also.....who doesn't!

But I'm not about to start moaning,and groaning,and spitting out non-sense about how the Gov is just out to get us :tinfoil::D

Edited by strickj

I truly believe that in general the government has good intentions but have a serious lack of wisdom into the unintended consequences of their actions and the abuse they open up- ala mortgage crisis, bailouts, welfare, Great Society, UN/League of Nations, ect.

You know the saying, the road to hell is paved with good intentions or in the words of AC/DC "we're on a highway to hell!"

just because I am paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get me.

As for making us slaves simply look at tax rates, and what will happen if you fail to pay.

One does not need to run for office to have a valid opinion.

As of this morning, EVERY family is in debt for $106,000+ because of the 'stimulus' package. How you going to pay it back?

I don't have to worry about it. The gov't will tell me how to pay it back.

:tinfoil:

thats the thing about being slaves. No need for thinking for myself.

Now if I was on the gov't tit none of this would bother me.

just because I am paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get me.

As for making us slaves simply look at tax rates, and what will happen if you fail to pay.

One does not need to run for office to have a valid opinion.

Yeah,taxes :)

Also I never said one had to be in office to have an opinion.

That was just a question as I'm curios whats being done to change things :)

Myself,I am doing things local that affect me.I'm mostly involved with the smaller stuff like parks...

See I only assume that when something bothers you,or you're passionate enough you will involve yourselves to make things more along the lines of your thought.

Thats what I'm doing,evidentially hes not doing anything ;)

As of this morning, EVERY family is in debt for $106,000+ because of the 'stimulus' package. How you going to pay it back?

Ok,better! ;)

Not conspiracy,or off the wall or anything!

Me?

Honestly Ive not really been following it that much because its pointless to me.

There is way to much to it,way to complex for an educated opinion on it especially considering the biased reporting.

Ive not read the ten billion pages,nor do I plan too!

Personally I dont see how gov spending will improve things at this time,but I have no idea if it will or not!

Edited by strickj

JC said

So until I see somebody on the 6:00 news running for office,or taking signatures for a petition,yall have absolutely no credibility with me.....

Then JC said

Also I never said one had to be in office to have an opinion.

You never said anyone had to be in office, but you did say run for office.

How do you know if these tin hatters are not contacting their legislatures about things?

Guest nraforlife

Ahhhh, don't you just love the big government doesn't bother me crowd unless the government tries to screw with whatever particular amendment their fixated on?