national service bill

Guest Mugster

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Well, looks like I should get to writing some letters telling my people to vote against that crap. I should really stop paying attention to politics. It just elevates my blood pressure.

Guest Mugster

Yeah, me too. I'm too lazy to actually read the bill. I figured posting it here is good enough for my civic duty. I am amazed that cnn or any of the other major news services have nothing on it.

Guest bkelm18
Yeah, me too. I'm too lazy to actually read the bill. I figured posting it here is good enough for my civic duty. I am amazed that cnn or any of the other major news services have nothing on it.

Because they know it will be unpopular and would end up getting voted down. They have to sneak it in for it to have a chance. Obama wants his Gestapo.

Guest SUNTZU

Here's why they haven't carried the bill on the air.

piedpiper.jpg

I can't figure out what sections the AtlasShrugs2000 is whining about.

That "section 120" says nothing of making "service learning" a mandatory requirement in schools.

And I can't even find "Section 6104" in the bill. Even if I did, investigating whether mandatory service is workable/reasonable, is a far cry from actually making it mandatory.

Guest nraforlife

NO good will come from mandatory service in the long run. What may start out, or sold, as a fairly innocuous program will morp into a monster in time, if for no other reason than due to the nature of government programs.

Guest nraforlife
Anybody here planning on going when it is mandatory?:screwy:

It does not take steel to make slave shackles. WHEN, not IF because IMHO the when is coming, the imperial government controls your salary, your health care, your education etc., you dance to its tune not yours.

So smile, bend over, grab your ankles and grease up. Instead of the yell 'Wolverine' from Red Dawn its going to be 'Baaaah' from Sheeple.

It does not take steel to make slave shackles. WHEN, not IF because IMHO the when is coming, the imperial government controls your salary, your health care, your education etc., you dance to its tune not yours.

So smile, bend over, grab your ankles and grease up. Instead of the yell 'Wolverine' from Red Dawn its going to be 'Baaaah' from Sheeple.

Will you pull the tinfoil out of your ass already!

Jeez dude,its getting a little old now with all the gov sucks crap! :screwy:

Guest nraforlife
Will you pull the tinfoil out of your ass already!

Jeez dude,its getting a little old now with all the gov sucks crap! :rolleyes:

Its true, you get the government you deserve...

I love my country but the governing of it does suck across the board regardless of party. No tinfoil to pull out and I would recommend that you wake up and smell the coffee. Income Tax was originally set at 4% and then for only the 'wealthy', guess that is tin foil hat stuff, Social Security has grow into a massive Ponzi scheme but thats tin hat stuff too right? War on Drugs, what a joke, War on Poverty has worked out real well too hasn't it? Oh yeah lets don't forget eminent domain rights. Point is that government programs by their nature grow and expand into the grey areas, and sometimes the not so grey, of their authority.

Suggest everyone check into the history of FEMA,what is was originally intended to be and what it has grown into.

Point is IF the government ever tries to put in some sort of mandatory service what are they going to do to you if you say NO. The more areas they control of your life the easier it will be to make you comply with more infringements.

Edited by nraforlife

i saw what fema has authority to do in times of nation emergency a few years back. i lost my copy. wish i hadnt. it is some damn scary stuff. maybe some of you computer gurus can dig it up and post it. it is a real eye opener

Guest nraforlife
i saw what fema has authority to do in times of nation emergency a few years back. i lost my copy. wish i hadnt. it is some damn scary stuff. maybe some of you computer gurus can dig it up and post it. it is a real eye opener

As memory serves me, FEMA was to actually have MORE power than Congress in case of a National Emergency but DON'T waste your time posting it on this forum UNLESS you want to join the tinfoil hat brigade. Cause everyone knows that the government isn't about taking any your liberties UNLESS its in your best interests as someone else sees it.

Guest jackdog
Its true, you get the government you deserve...

I love my country but the governing of it does suck across the board regardless of party. No tinfoil to pull out and I would recommend that you wake up and smell the coffee. Income Tax was originally set at 4% and then for only the 'wealthy', guess that is tin foil hat stuff, Social Security has grow into a massive Ponzi scheme but thats tin hat stuff too right? War on Drugs, what a joke, War on Poverty has worked out real well too hasn't it? Oh yeah lets don't forget eminent domain rights. Point is that government programs by their nature grow and expand into the grey areas, and sometimes the not so grey, of their authority.

Suggest everyone check into the history of FEMA,what is was originally intended to be and what it has grown into.

Point is IF the government ever tries to put in some sort of mandatory service what are they going to do to you if you say NO. The more areas they control of your life the easier it will be to make you comply with more infringements.

Anyone who wants to yell tin foil by all means be my guest. But the gentlemen is making some very good arguments. You all have a great time.:D

Yeah, FEMA. They really scare me. FEMA did such a good job during Hurricane Katrina. I'm sure their evil plan to enslave the American populace in their detention camps is just around the corner.

Anyone who wants to yell tin foil by all means be my guest. But the gentlemen is making some very good arguments. You all have a great time.:popcorn:

I'm not saying is arguments are not good,or bad,I'm just tired of hearing them!

This is a GUN board! Not an anti-gov board,not a conspiracy board,not a lets bitch about something board.

Its getting a little old that one can not open a single thread without seeing nra,or you making some ridiculous claim about how the Gov sucks.

If you're really that tired of the gov then do something about it other then rant over the interwebz all live long day.And I'm pretty sure yall haven't or we would have already read about it like a bigilion times.

So until I see somebody on the 6:00 news running for office,or taking signatures for a petition,yall have absolutely no credibility with me.....and I dont think I'm the only one....

Edited by strickj
I'm not saying is arguments are not good,or bad,I'm just tired of hearing them!

This is a GUN board! Not an anti-gov board,not a conspiracy board,not a lets bitch about something board.

Its getting a little old that one can not open a single thread without seeing nra,or you making some ridiculous claim about how the Gov sucks.

If you're really that tired of the gov then do something about it other then rant over the interwebz all live long day.And I'm pretty sure yall haven't or we would have already read about it like a bigilion times.

So until I see somebody on the 6:00 news running for office,or taking signatures for a petition,yall have absolutely no credibility with me.....and I dont think I'm the only one....

Strick, no offense dude, but if that's your position on things you need to get a reality check.

I understand the viewpoint of both sides and I'm not a big tin foil person either, but this isn't just a "gun board". If it was then there never would have been topics such as POLITICAL ISSUES. Some of the crap Obama and Co. are trying to pull should scare people. It starts out small man and if people don't pay attention to what's going on we are all going to be having problems sooner rather than later.

The truth of it is people are afraid. You want your guns and you want your freedoms, but you're to scared of having to do anything to keep them because it might interfere with your day to day life, or your internet posting activities. This is why the country is eroding so rapidly, because people don't give a ****.

I think David spelled it our pretty clearly about what he didn't want being discussed on here, so I would think if you don't like what's being said either delete the post/thread or don't read it.

I think it's silly to being yelling for the downfall of the government and I also think it's silly for people to yell tin-foil every time something gets posted about what is going on in this country. To many people on here are jumping on bandwagons nowadays. It's cool to call tin-foil hat so hey let's all do it! Seriously guys? Let's all back up, chill the frick out, and relax.

Guest bkelm18
As memory serves me, FEMA was to actually have MORE power than Congress in case of a National Emergency but DON'T waste your time posting it on this forum UNLESS you want to join the tinfoil hat brigade. Cause everyone knows that the government isn't about taking any your liberties UNLESS its in your best interests as someone else sees it.

Wow, you really don't know how to take criticism, do you? :P

Whats the name of the board again?

I'm not against political issues at all.In fact I participate in them quite often,but there is a line between what is sane,and what is just plane wacko.

In this thread he is talking about making "slaves" out of people,and an "imperial government" ...dude.

But I guess that just means Ill squeal like a sheep when they rape me :shrug: