My New Avatar?

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

So what do you think? Im thinking of getting it tattoed on my side. Ill probably change the colors up for the tat. If anyone of you are real creative & can change the colors up post it here & I may just use your color scheme. It has to be better than the hoff in the European pants.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
So what do you think? Im thinking of getting it tattoed on my side. Ill probably change the colors up for the tat. If anyone of you are real creative & can change the colors up post it here & I may just use your color scheme. It has to be better than the hoff in the European pants.

You'll frighten the kids at the pool, for sure! Of course, no more than Hoff in a Speedo.

So just how do you suppose you'll anesthetise yourself for such a procedure?

Guest eyebedam
You'll frighten the kids at the pool, for sure! Of course, no more than Hoff in a Speedo.

So just how do you suppose you'll anesthetise yourself for such a procedure?

None the pain is part of the fun. Although I imagine it will hurt across the ole rib cage. I was gonna get a cross across my entire back but I cant seem to draw 1 that I like enough to get it done.

I see M&P has a Brad pitt avatar in protest of my Hoff avatar. If the pitt is still rolling 24hrs from now the Hoff will make a return.

Guest eyebedam
It's not your first tat, is it?

From what I hear, the ribcage hurts baaaaaad... that said, I've been trying to find something for my side :up:

No itll be my 3rd. I have a celtic cross down my left arm & a Tribal Skull down my right.

Guest Bronker
It's not your first tat, is it?

From what I hear, the ribcage hurts baaaaaad... that said, I've been trying to find something for my side :up:

Here's something for you...talk to your doctor about one of these products: They both are local, topical anaesthetics that would help some. I've prescribed it lots for people with shingles, or as a pre-op to dermatology procedures.

EMLA cream or Lidoderm patches. EMLA is pretty expensive.

I have not tats, BTW. I'm a sissy.

Guest eyebedam
Here's something for you...talk to your doctor about one of these products: They both are local, topical anaesthetics that would help some. I've prescribed it lots for people with shingles, or as a pre-op to dermatology procedures.

My only fear is that the Inkwouldnt take as good with the topical creame in the skin. Have you ever heard of any issues with it happening?

Haha, no way. If you can't deal with a little slight discomfort, you cant get one... it's an rule :lol:

I've got 2. One's on the back of my upper arm, and that didn't hurt at all. The other is on my shoulder, which took about 3 times as long to do, and was slightly more uncomfortable than the one on my arm (probably beause there is less meat there), but still nothing unmanageable. Next up is either my side, inside of my bicep, or my chest (probably pectoral)... If I had unlimited funds and didn't have to worry about employment, I'd probably be pretty well covered :up:

Guest Bronker
My only fear is that the Inkwouldnt take as good with the topical creame in the skin. Have you ever heard of any issues with it happening?

Good question! I can find out. I would suspect not at all for the Lidoderm patches, as there is no 'vehicle' exchange. In other words, there is no full dermal penetration of any chemical. It works at a very superficial layer of skin structure on nerve endings. The EMLA however is an ointment / oil based emolient and may in fact cause a problem by virtue of its subquetaneous absorption. Never thought of that question before. I'll talk to a dermatologist friend of mine and see what he says.

Guest Bronker

Did I really just use the words "emolient' and 'subquetaneous' in a gun forum thread?

I'm not sure how tacticool that is. Of course, you can't say the word "tactical" without the "tickle" sound...

The EMLA however is an ointment / oil based emolient and may in fact cause a problem by virtue of its subquetaneous absorption.

Hmmm... I don't know the answer to that either, but my artist has repeatedly told me to stay away from oil based lotions skincare products in the healing period, so I would guess that would also extend to while you were getting it done.:up:

Guest Rick O'Shay

Just say "No" to scars. I made it through six years of the Navy without a tattoo, and not about to start now. Be happy with what God gave you.

Guest m&pc9
None the pain is part of the fun. Although I imagine it will hurt across the ole rib cage. I was gonna get a cross across my entire back but I cant seem to draw 1 that I like enough to get it done.

I see M&P has a Brad pitt avatar in protest of my Hoff avatar. If the pitt is still rolling 24hrs from now the Hoff will make a return.

It is a done deal Thank You.

isn't the pain part of the appeal to getting a tat? The endorphin (sp?) release can be very addicting.

I think tat's are fine. My only rule is that a tat should have some kind of personal meaning. I am not a fan of tribal tattoos or generic stuff like skulls and the like.

I have two, both have deep personal meaning and were in my blood long before the ink ever hit my skin.

I have two, both have deep personal meaning and were in my blood long before the ink ever hit my skin.

Exactly, I have only 1, I've had it since I was 16 and did it myself while sitting on the railroad tracks down from my girlfriends house.

Guest eyebedam
isn't the pain part of the appeal to getting a tat? The endorphin (sp?) release can be very addicting.

I think tat's are fine. My only rule is that a tat should have some kind of personal meaning. I am not a fan of tribal tattoos or generic stuff like skulls and the like.

I agree about the endorphins that's part of getting a tat. I plan on just laying there & enjoying the pain.

The 2 I have do have meaning. The skull with tribal on it I drew when I was in basic training & had it put on right before I graduated AIT when I was 18. I also drew the Celtic cross about 6 years ago while I was getting my life back in order after a nasty divorce I was going through.

I think the ink means a little something diff to each of us that have it. It doesn't have to be roses or a wife or girlfriends name to have meaning.

Edited by eyebedam
Guest Bronker
Would be more impressive if you could spell them.

- Chief

I can't add or spell, that's why I have to do something easy for a living. I abbreviate as often as possible too!

Now that you know mine, what's your excuse...chief?

Oh yeah, I don't know how I misspelled them. Late at night, fumbling on a Blackberry keypad. It is "emollient" and "subcutaneous". And no SpellCheck. Thanks, Chief

Now back to the tettou thred

;-)

Edited by Bronker

eyebedam said

I think the ink means a little something diff to each of us that have it. It doesn't have to be roses or a wife or girlfriends name to have meaning.

i agree totally, did not mean to imply otherwise. The skulls and such mean nothing to me but I understand how they do to you.

eyebedam said

i agree totally, did not mean to imply otherwise. The skulls and such mean nothing to me but I understand how they do to you.

I get where you're coming from.

Like the ol`tramp stamps.

They can say it has "meaning" but its only there because their girlfriends have one in the same spot :shake:

Guest Bronker
I get where you're coming from.

Like the ol`tramp stamps.

They can say it has "meaning" but its only there because their girlfriends have one in the same spot :shake:

Ahhh, Pamela. Speaking of tramp-'stamps'...hers left more than ink marks on many an unsuspecting fellow.

Hep-B for short...

• Administrator
I can't add or spell, that's why I have to do something easy for a living. I abbreviate as often as possible too!

Man, you'd really be in trouble if you had to use big words like that in a medical career or something.

Oh... wait... :cheers:

Guest Bronker
Man, you'd really be in trouble if you had to use big words like that in a medical career or something.

Oh... wait... :cheers:

Now you know why our prescription handwriting is so bad. It's merely because I can't spell, and I expect the pharmacist to figure it out. Many times I've taken a call from one and answered "of course I meant methylprednisolone 4mg...that's what I wrote..."

And he says "oh, ok...for a minute there I thought you ordered her mother-to-a-Preds-game-alone...4pm"