Can you carry concealed at Gun Show,iif the mag is in your pocket,gun unloaded?

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

I want to go to the gun show sunday,but I dont want to leave gun in car to get stolen,if its covered up,and well concealed,and I take out the mag and put it in my pocket,or leave the mag in car while inside??Do they check when you enter??? or ask if your carrying...???id hate to stand in line just to get turned away at the door for cayrrying....I just want to do the right thing,im sure some of you have been to this gun show at Nashville Fairgrounds before and know the rotuine....,Ive never been to one in my life..Help please....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tn.Mitch
I know people who carry a concealed and loaded handgun at every gun show they attend. I really do.

- OS

Thanks OhShoot,I think I get ya.... :tinfoil:

Guest TennFarmer

It is posted no loaded firearms, no loaded mags, no loose ammunition. Then you can go in with your empty mag, and gun and buy ammo.:tinfoil:

Most of the gun shows I attend usually have officers posted at tables at the entrance. If they see a firearm, no matter how it's carried, they usually zip-tie the slide/bolt open and detach the mag before they allow you to carry the firearm inside. There are multiple signs around "screaming" no loaded weapons peorid. You will go to jail.

However, I have carried in to a few gun shows completly forgetting what I was doing. Usually chatting up with someone as I'm walking in and pass the table with the officers. Apperantly I was the only one who had any idea. Then again I have noticed a few people who were carrying their firearms (usually handguns) with the "action" closed and a mag in the well. Some, upon further inspection, you can clearly see a "loaded chamber" indicator popping up...makes you wonder if they carried in their or just bought more ammo and loaded while there.....

...There are multiple signs around "screaming" no loaded weapons peorid. You will go to jail...

Nah, not unless you make some kind of public disturbance, and even then the charge probably wouldn't be gun related, assuming you have permit.

First, the signs are generally not even close to TCA compliant.

Second, except for posted property provision, there are no TCA statutes regarding carrying at a gunshow

Third, I don't know if the LEOs at the shows are on dept time or their own. Maybe some of each .. I know some are being hired by the show's promoter, and I guess some are assigned by the PD, as I usually see a police vehicle or two there.

At any rate, the LEO presence is to keep the crowd safe, not to fill jail cells. If you have no plan to remove your weapon to sell or trade, or try on holsters or whatnot, leave it concealed and don't worry about it.

- OS

Guest JHatmaker

I was at the Fairgrounds today and when I saw the No Loaded Guns I was thinking, are you kidding me? But I thought about it and with so many people in there, bumping into each other etc, there's bound to be some kind of accident.

But.....I just walking in anyway, didn't want to go all the way back to the car. I made sure it was well secured. :rolleyes:

Nah, not unless you make some kind of public disturbance, and even then the charge probably wouldn't be gun related, assuming you have permit.

Never seen anyone get in trouble over anything. Heard a few old men yelll at each other over a price on an old revolver.

First, the signs are generally not even close to TCA compliant.

Of course not...they are usually "photocopied" signs on construction paper. :screwy:

Second, except for posted property provision, there are no TCA statutes regarding carrying at a gunshow

Third, I don't know if the LEOs at the shows are on dept time or their own. Maybe some of each .. I know some are being hired by the show's promoter, and I guess some are assigned by the PD, as I usually see a police vehicle or two there.

Most are volunteers from what I gather. They still get paid but are paid by the "show". I attend alot of the "RK" promoted shows at the I40 Expo Center and the few that they have at Chillhowie. Last time I took my wife, it turned out she went to school with one of the LEO's that were there. I'm going to have to ask him how he got the job....:P

One of the vendors who usually has a table I work with. He owns RJL Firearms. Sometimes I'll hang out with Randy (the owner) for a few hours and try to help him sell a few if I get bored and have the time.;)

At any rate, the LEO presence is to keep the crowd safe, not to fill jail cells. If you have no plan to remove your weapon to sell or trade, or try on holsters or whatnot, leave it concealed and don't worry about it.

Agreeded...to an extent. I've entered gunshows with absoutly no intent on selling my current carry piece, only to be bartered out of it by someone who's dying for it or finding that next "jewel" and trading it in. It happens...:puke:

- OS

I was at the Fairgrounds today and when I saw the No Loaded Guns I was thinking, are you kidding me?

:shhh:

No actually they are not kidding at all. They would prefer you to "de-chamber" your live round and put the mag in your pocket....for later use of course.:P Then you are free to do as you please since you have complied with the sign....