Hate to ask,Hospital,nursing home carry???I forgot,,,,,

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

A Old friend of mine I went to school,I just found out yesterday is in a home,because of being beaten buy guys he stold from to buy drugs for his addition,is what im told,I havent seen him since school.My buddy asked me to go with him tommorrow to see him and a lady we used to go to school with is going with us,then he is going with me to the gun show on Sunday.I cant remember if you can carry in a nursing home???Its something iI read about when I first started going to the fourms,but cany remember,aany help??/,only had my HCP a few days dont want to break the law now....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Old friend of mine I went to school,I just found out yesterday is in a home,because of being beaten buy guys he stold from to buy drugs for his addition,is what im told,I havent seen him since school.My buddy asked me to go with him tommorrow to see him and a lady we used to go to school with is going with us,then he is going with me to the gun show on Sunday.I cant remember if you can carry in a nursing home???Its something iI read about when I first started going to the fourms,but cany remember,aany help??/,only had my HCP a few days dont want to break the law now....

There is nothing in the TCA re nursing homes, hospitals, animal clinics, abortion clinics, churches, psychology centers, covens, or Flat Earth Society meetings.

The ever nasty possibility of properly posted establishments does exist, however.

- OS

Guest Tn.Mitch
There is nothing in the TCA re nursing homes, hospitals, animal clinics, abortion clinics, churches, psychology centers, covens, or Flat Earth Society meetings.

The ever nasty possibility of properly posted establishments does exist, however.

- OS

Thanks OhShoot,I checked the codes and couldnt find anything about hospitals,or nursing homes,but I remembered when I first start lurkin in here someone had asked that question,and I couldnt remember what the answer was,I understand how people hate to hear the same questions all the time,but I wont ask one until after ive tried to find the answer myself first....

Guest VolMickey

Any publicly-owned, governmental hospital campus (like the main hospital in Jackson) is posted and carry is prohibited by law. Can't say for private hospitals.

Any publicly-owned, governmental hospital campus (like the main hospital in Jackson) is posted and carry is prohibited by law. Can't say for private hospitals.

Are you sure all publicly owned hospitals are posted?

But...a 39-17-1359 posting is the only way they would be off-limits, there is not a statutory prohibition.

Can't quote the chapter and verse, but it is at the city/county owned hospital in Jackson quoting TCA.

Yes, I know that Jackson-Madison County General Hospital is posted per 39-17-1359.

But I thought you said ANY publicly owned hospital is posted and/or off-limits?

All public and private hospitals CAN post, per 39-17-1359. I just wondered if you meant all were and if so how you knew. Also was asking if you meant they were off-limits just because they are a hospital (which they aren't) or if you meant by 39-17-1359

Guest Tn.Mitch

Well we went yesterday, to the Nurseing home in Cloumbia Tn.I carried well covered and had no problems,now tommorrow,its my turn and my buddy,who I went with today,it going with me to gun show,and his son is going with us,tommorrow,I hope to see some of you there,ill have a tyed-dyedshirt on,and bluegeans,with a NRA lifetime membership hat on,see ya there,will be packin a s&W 1911 COVERED Up,hope to get there,depends on if im caught getting in with a gun period,outside holsters print pretty good,yesterday at nurseing home wore IWB Milt Sparks VM2 with a little Glock sub compact 27 in it with shirt on outside ,no way to see it,im going bolder with the 1911,and the ouside holster tommorrow.ill be lucky to get in,im going to put the mag in my sock,till After I get in....gonna try anyway,,,,seeya...Mitch

Edited by Tn.Mitch
spelling of course