Tenn. House votes to allow loaded rifles in cars

Guest kg4tyr

Guest kg4tyr

By Erik Schelzig, Associated Press Writer

The Tennessee House has voted to allow people with handgun carry permits to transport loaded rifles and shotguns in their vehicles.

The chamber voted 82-10 to pass the bill sponsored by Rep. Henry Fincher.

The Cookeville Democrat said the change is needed because current law considers weapons loaded even if ammunition is available nearby -- even if the chamber is empty.

The House also voted 89-1 on another bill sponsored by Fincher to underscore the right of people to use deadly force if they are threatened with bodily harm in situations like attempted carjackings and business break-ins.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justme
By Erik Schelzig, Associated Press Writer

The Tennessee House has voted to allow people with handgun carry permits to transport loaded rifles and shotguns in their vehicles.

The chamber voted 82-10 to pass the bill sponsored by Rep. Henry Fincher.

The Cookeville Democrat said the change is needed because current law considers weapons loaded even if ammunition is available nearby -- even if the chamber is empty.

The House also voted 89-1 on another bill sponsored by Fincher to underscore the right of people to use deadly force if they are threatened with bodily harm in situations like attempted carjackings and business break-ins.

It is about time. I hope this passes and is signed into law--but I would really like to see a pro-carry Post secondary campus bill as well.

On channel 2 WKRN (Nashville), I saw our old pal Jimmy Nafieh comment on this bill, of course he was against it which is no surprise and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the moronic comment he made. He said, what if you hit a bump in the road and your rifle goes off and shoots you? (not exact words). Good God what an idiot, I actually assumed he at least knew something about firearms but after that I realized he doesn't. Is it just me or does anyone,,,, uhhh everyone else just can't stomach to see his face or hear his voice on TV anymore?

LOL..I saw clip on the news another nite, Mr.Tune with a nice revolver...he is something else, I went twice thru his class and plan to go again just to refresh my handgun knowledge and his classes are always fun...planty of talking and shooting....would recommend it to anyone looking for a CCW class...

Db