No More Critters in the Cornfield...

Guest Packina45

Guest Packina45

Hey fellas,

Been thinking about getting this jewel ever since I read about it a while back...

Performance Center 460 S&W Magnum!!! :screwy::D:D

Maybe take out some varmints now, eh??

Check it out!!

MVC-556X.jpg

MVC-560X.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
I can't believe I've managed to post in this thread before Musicman. He'll be here anytime now to slobber all over the place.

He might be to busy using both hands...

Very nice pistola!

Funny haha guys! :)

But really, nice gun. I still haven't shot the 460, just a couple 500s. I dig old-school looking revolvers, though. I'd love to see a 460 with the classic lines, full underlug, with mirror like bluing. That'd be freakin' awesome.

Do you reload? One of my favorite things to do with someone who isn't too familiar with revolvers is show them how versatile they can be in loadings. ie: I'll put in alternate rounds of full-power magnums and then really lightweight stuff, just to show the range of options. I imagine it'd be pretty darn dramatic with a 460!

Edited by musicman
Guest Packina45

I was into reloading YEARS ago and am considering getting back into it again. The 460 is already plenty hot so it will not be like crunching all the 2400 I can get into a 44mag case for a few more fps. If it is anything like my little 500 it'll be a BLAST!! :koolaid:

Range report in a couple of days... My wife says no shootin' while we have roofers working. Guess they would get a little nervous with muzzle blast blowing their shingle stuff around. Couple of days and they will be done so I can get a good 100 yard squeeze off the back deck. I'm anxious!!

WOW, very nice. I would hate to be on the receiving end of that.

I suspect your cornfield varmits will suffer the same fate as these prarie dogs:

WARNING: Do not click on the link if you have a weak stomach....

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4TSHB_enIN275IN275&q=dogbegone&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=UnvFSdP3AZK2sAO1mrzaBg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Guest Packina45

RANGE REPORT....:D

A few details: Recoil is VERY manageable. Good smooth push. Leupold scope is clear as a bell. No slippage in the rings. The guy set it up nicely.

Muzzle blast is considerable!! Lots of fire to the side. In fact, you would never want to try and steady a shot with fingers near the cylinder... fingers would be roasted. No kiddin.

Disappointing groups, All my fault too... I'm getting old, I guess. Even my wife told me to quit cryin about it. She don't understand.

Anyways... my first scoped pistol that I knew would out shoot any open sighted weapon around is popping 4 inch groups at 100 yards, in my hands. Sad, to say the least. I know it's all me because I can't get the crosshairs to settle on the target. Movement everywhere and gets worse when I white knuckle it. Love to say it's just a bad day but I been sitting in my EZ-Boy practicing my aim and grip for a couple of days. Lots of shaking. Hate it when I rain on my own parade.

I know, I know... 4 inch is all kill zone but I wanted a quarter size group like I read about in the magazines. I'll try some more rounds in the near future and see if it gets better before I sell it off.

Tell me what your experience has been with scoped pistols.. Please.

Guest Packina45

Well... After a disappointing first round of shooting the 460 with the Leupold scope on it, I took it off and shot my open sights. I like it again!! LOTS of blast, but for a hunter it will do it nicely. My eyes are not what they used to be, however, I ain't blind yet. 88 LONG paces and Bulls, Bulls, Bulls!! I'm quicker too.

Hate to do it but the 2.5x8 EER Leupold is up for sale... How much do they go for these days?? :)