Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SouthernSaltine
Watch the video on this link:

http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=78&clip_id=672

Click on HB0960 under the video screen.

When I watch this I wonder "How does anything ever get done in Nashville?"

I know what you mean.

Looks to me like there will be a big problem with the City controlled rule of if & where you can carry in what parks and in what parts of the park, like what was discussed in the video. The posting of NO GUN signs will be the big thing here when it comes down to it.

The signs will need to be posted I think at EVERY entryway to the park, as well as a few random signs throughout so there is no confusion if it is okay to carry in set park.

To be honest it should be if the state park carry bill passes then you can carry in ANY local city operated park as-well.

Watch the video on this link:

http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=78&clip_id=672

Click on HB0960 under the video screen.

When I watch this I wonder "How does anything ever get done in Nashville?"

Watched a little while ago myself...and I agree.

I hate to say it...but I am almost at the point now, to either totally allow or totally disallow carry in local parks. I admit at one time I thought it might be a good idea to let local governments control carry in local parks (if that was the only way to get it passed) but it sounds like you won't really know where you can and can't carry when this is all said and done. Especially if they don't have to post.

I hate to say it...but I am almost at the point now, to either totally allow or totally disallow carry in local parks. I admit at one time I thought it might be a good idea to let local governments control carry in local parks (if that was the only way to get it passed) but it sounds like you won't really know where you can and can't carry when this is all said and done. Especially if they don't have to post.

Me too. But it appears to me that Sontany and a few more are going to beat this horse to death and try to kill the whole thing by a thousand cuts. Once they got their foot in the door on allowing local control in local parks there is going to be no end to the "questions and clarifications" every week when it is brought back up. And let them beat down guns in local parks and then watch 'em start nitpicking State Parks after that. "We can't let people carry guns where people are playing sports in State Parks" yada, yada, yada!! It'll never stop.