Did I spring for a good one?

Guest jps37033

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a SigPro, which some of the Sig snobs scoff at and scorn as the red-headed stepchild of the Sig Sauer family. Supposedly inferior in quality to the "P" series.

No first hand experience with SigPros however....let us know how it turns out.

Guest jps37033

I actually thought of turning the other part in to an invite only combat course/tactical, blow some crap up range/. Go throught the course, responsible, practice only, live fire, metal target range?????

Is that a good idea? If I build it, will they come? LOL

Edited to add - I rented a dozer for a day to build piles to take the rounds to be safe! I am not a crazy gunner! Just wanted to clarify! :screwy:

Guest jps37033

I was in love with the P250 when I got their new catalog. I had to have one. But as they came out, read reviews, and handled one, I changed my mind. It was a bit too far off the charts for Sig. I felt it a reach too far to try to keep up with times. Kinda like someone that has a great thing that tries to match a good thing. Like glock making a 1911. Stick to whats good.

I just chose this gun because the grip is a tad smaller than the standard sig. Hopefully the same qaulity. I have 400+ 40 sw rounds waiting to find out though! :rock:

I actually thought of turning the other part in to an invite only combat course/tactical, blow some crap up range/. Go throught the course, responsible, practice only, live fire, metal target range?????

Is that a good idea? If I build it, will they come? LOL

Edited to add - I rented a dozer for a day to build piles to take the rounds to be safe! I am not a crazy gunner! Just wanted to clarify! ;)

That is way too cool, man :rock:

I just recently got back into shooting, and all my plinking spots are pretty much gone. What you describe is way better than just a plinking spot though of course :)

fwiw: I had a Sig P220 several years ago. Was the most well made gun i have ever owned as far as attention to detail goes...imho. I was a little better shot with it than any of my other guns too.

Guest jps37033

I might have to finish this course and invite TNgunowners to come shoot some country up! I have 10 sets of metal rotary targets set out, 14 kevlar type (old military silohoute targets), and a bunch of old junk set up. I have started to motorize some of the targets to pop up on a pass through system. Its fun so far. I just need a fully auto .223, m&p sidearm, and 8 1/2 S&W 44 backup to have real fun :rock:

P.S. - For some reason the deer and turkey don't come around any more???

:)

I'm sure there would be a ton of legal/insurance hoops to jump through, but i bet you could turn that into a nice weekend business ;) Would probably have to get a certified range master(s) or something. Or get certified yourself, and limit the number of people.

I have no clue what would be involved, but sounds like a fun way to make some extra bucks... to me anyway :)

I dig going to the range, but it doesn't compare to shooting outside without the confines of the little cubicle like booths :rock: