Coloring in roll marks on Lower receiver

willis68

I have not used Testers paint in over 30 years, but after reading some other forums I am starting on my DPMS stripped lower receiver, I started it this evening it should come out really cool, I will post pictures tomorrow evening once I finish it off, this really gives the Lower character in my opinion :tough:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the Crayola first. You can always remove it. I've found i don't always like the first try.

The testers paint removes very easily when you want it off, I completely removed and re applied around 3 times last night, I will post some pictures later, I have gone over with several coats to bring the color out and once it is finished I am pretty sure that it will not come off unless I use chemicals and try to remove it

Guest gcrookston

I used testers on my lower and didn't have any problem. Went down to hobby lobby, bought red, white, thinner and a fine brush. Used the thinner on a piece of cloth to wipe off the excess. Over several applications it filled in nicely.

I suck as a photographer, but here is my Lower, it looks much better in person I originally planned on painting the Panther but it was to small so I just went with white and red, I will do my Rock river in the future

009.jpg

011.jpg

I used testers on my lower and didn't have any problem. Went down to hobby lobby, bought red, white, thinner and a fine brush. Used the thinner on a piece of cloth to wipe off the excess. Over several applications it filled in nicely.

I did exactly as you including buying the paint at HL, it came out pretty good :censored:

That looks really good. I just might have a new project in my future.

Thanks, like I said it looks much better in person, I need a new camera and photography skills :rock: It was pretty easy you just need to do several layers,(especially the red) to make it stand out.

Guest abailey362

wow......next time step back from the object and then zoom to get detail. you were inside of the minimal focal length of your camera

but from what i can see it looks good.

Thanks, like I said it looks much better in person, I need a new camera and photography skills :) It was pretty easy you just need to do several layers,(especially the red) to make it stand out.

Use a layer of white(or yellow gives a nice pop also) first to make the red stand out!

My brother has done quite a few of his AR's in white and red and they turned out nice. The trick to it is to take your time removing the excess color from around the lettering, if you dont you will remove some from the letters. Just take your time and it will come out great.

-Jason G