Car buffs... website for the new Camaro is up

Throwing money at a problem won't make it go away.

Lay off the Kool-Aid man. This car hasn't even seen daylight yet and you're already bench racing it against cars that are out there on the road. :)

I'm about as brand-disloyal as they come, but I've owned a lot of Mustangs and one 1993 Camaro Z28 back in '95. The Camaro was hell on power but blew at everything else. Sales dictate success and the F-body just wasn't generating sales.

It will be very interesting to see how the car fares, but I think you Cambird guys are showing up to the dance a little late if you're expecting another all out horsepower war. The economy won't support it. Had GM gotten off it's ass and released the car back in 2005-07, it would have been a lot more fun. :)

I agree,if the camero would have released in 05 it could have been the hootest ride on the road.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At those prices, I hope it will.

In my eyes, though, the Bullitt Edition Mustang is still my current dream muscle car.

At those prices? I just went to ford.com and priced out a loaded gt and its within a few hundred bucks of a loaded Camaro SS.

There is no use in arguing with all these mustang lovers :). Ya'll will argue with a brick wall. We will see which is the better car when they hit showrooms very soon.

I agree,if the camero would have released in 05 it could have been the hootest ride on the road.

It's camAro not camEro:)

I wish it would have been released earlier to but that didn't happen so I'm happy to see it back now. I see no reason it won't be a success. When the economy gets better I bet you'll have a hard time even finding one in the dealerships

It's camAro not camEro:)

I wish it would have been released earlier to but that didn't happen so I'm happy to see it back now. I see no reason it won't be a success. When the economy gets better I bet you'll have a hard time even finding one in the dealerships

Times like these make me wish I would have finished the 9th grade.

Guest Linoge
We will see which is the better car when they hit showrooms very soon.

You are absolutely right. Which makes all of your dick-waving right now kind of premature, neh?

:)

the camaro will be direct competition for the mustang and the challenger alike. the camaro RS will compete with the mustang(same performance for less money) and the camaro SS will compete with the challenger(better performance for same or less money).

You are absolutely right. Which makes all of your dick-waving right now kind of premature, neh?

:popcorn:

If you want numbers on the car go to camaroz28.com and see for yourself like I suggested before.

Fuel economy.... http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674769

1/4 mile times.... http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674777

Production info.... http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674824

14,000 preorders... http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674825

Also note that the "fbodfather" is Scott Settlemire......he works for GM and is involved with the camaro. I'm not sure what his official title is but he had alot to do with the car coming back.

Ok I gave you numbers and now you can discuss them. I'm not going to argue anymore cause I can see thats getting nowhere.

Guest Linoge

Dude, :D.

I literally have no horse in this race - I do not own a Mustang, a Camaro, or a Challenger. Never have owned anything like them. Currently futzing around in a more-or-less unmodified Mazda 3 hatchback.

What I said (cannot speak for anyone else) is that the Bullitt is currently my dream muscle car. I did not specify why, and then you had to go off on some wild-assed tangent, act all butt-hurt, and get way too defensive.

Honestly, I do not give a flying squirrel's left nut about the performance characteristics of the new Camaro. Or the new Mustang. Or the new Challenger. What does it for me with the Bullitt is its looks, and its voice-of-the-angels (very, very pissed off angels) exhaust - the $10 million they splurged to get that note right was very well spent. For the money, I know I could get a car that could outperform it in most / a lot of categories (a used WRX or Evo would be a good start), but that is not the point, is it?

So chill out, wait for your messianic car to get to the dealerships, and see how things go. As you said, spazzing about it now is a bit premature. :)

Guest mustangdave

Linoge.... well said. I 'll see if the wife will let me take the Bullitt out for a romp...you are so right about that exhaust note...it even makes my ROUSH envious. I like the Bullitt because its so...understated...no flashy badging...and stuff...just that grawl...where can I pick you up at? we'll go mock Dodge and Chevy dealerships

Guest mustangdave
Unfortunately, I am up north of Knox... and if you were to come out this far, you would have to let me take it down 129... :cheers:

Is 129 TWISTY? She wants to do Tail of the Dragon one of these days. First on the list though is the road course here at Nashville Super Speedway

Guest Linoge

US129 and the Tail are the one and the same.

Definitely one of those situations where you will either pray that Mustangs came with independent rear suspensions (the only significant design decision I fault them on), or learn how to power drift very, very quickly.

Guest mustangdave
US129 and the Tail are the one and the same.

Definitely one of those situations where you will either pray that Mustangs came with independent rear suspensions (the only significant design decision I fault them on), or learn how to power drift very, very quickly.

Ahhh..thought so...IMHO Ford's IRS is over rated...we'll have to see how the FORD Racing suspension that the Bullitt has will handle it...we did take it up Mount Eagle on 41 a month or so back...it was...interesting

What happened to the days when a muscle car was one you could work under the hood without a computer and the equivalent of a home loan? :screwy: Still wish I had that 69 Camaro SS i almost bought in high school.