Glock Replacement Sights

I'm looking for a set of replacement sights for my G21 and G30 45's. I don't want 3 horizontal dots to line up. I've done some online research and came up with either the XS Big Dot sights or the Warren Tactical sights. Let's start with the Big Dot sights. The cons: Somewhat less accurate at distances. They would also take getting used to since I've always lined up the front sight below the target instead of on the target. The pros: They say that the sights are very useful in a practical self defense close up scenario. The Warren Tactical sights have no cons that I can see. The pros are that lining up the sight picture is more what I'm used to. Price doesn't seem to be that much of a difference. What do my TGO peers think?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to check out suresights. i put 'em on a g17 that i never should have gotten rid of, they're awesome... super fast alignment.

i own and shoot a couple steyr's (trapezoid sights) so i was pretty open to the concept (w/ trap sights seems people love'em or hate 'em... i for one love 'em and find 3 dots a step behind now...).

the suresights while different than the trap sights, are really good, especially if you don't have great eyesight. http://www.suresight.com

CK1, I checked out those triangle sights. They look cool, but maybe a little too big on the front sight. I don't know. The sight picture does look pretty cool though. I'd like to see some in real life to see how big they really are.

Edited by Shima
CK1, I checked out those triangle sights. They look cool, but maybe a little too big on the front sight. I don't know. The sight picture does look pretty cool though. I'd like to see some in real life to see how big they really are.

The front seems a little higher than normal (don't think it is though), but shaped so as not to catch on draw... The rear is really low profile though, lower than usual (most likely why the front seems taller).

I couldn't find anyone who had them to try, had to buy to try...

They seem to almost line themseves up for you, really great 15yrds and in, 15yrds and out they get tougher to be precise.

Edited by CK1

They work and are awesome. I had some on my first XD and do exactly what they advertise them to do. They also will take forever to get. Customer service seems to be their weak link so far. They look big but aren't in comparison, but the sight picture is huge, in a good way.

Of your two, I'd go with the Warren's. I'm not a big fan of the XS sights.

Guest FroggyOne2

Glad that you had no problem putting them on.. Mine has Meprolites on it, three dot. Really like the those sights. Not near crazy about the pistol.. but I do like the sights, which by the way came on the pistol.

you might want to check out suresights. i put 'em on a g17 that i never should have gotten rid of, they're awesome... super fast alignment.

i own and shoot a couple steyr's (trapezoid sights) so i was pretty open to the concept (w/ trap sights seems people love'em or hate 'em... i for one love 'em and find 3 dots a step behind now...).

the suresights while different than the trap sights, are really good, especially if you don't have great eyesight. http://www.suresight.com

Heard good things about them from a few guys at the range but never new where you could get them from. Might have to buy a pair to try out. :D

Guest sling
If you like the triangle sight, check out the advantage tactical sight at www.advantagetactical.com This one doesn't look so big on the front sight as the SureSight. You can also pick different colors. It looks cool. As for me, I think I'll just stick with what's already proven and sworn by many.

And then of course there is always that silly Steyr M series of pistols...

they all have that triangle sight.

The Steyr sights use the same focal pickup as traditional 3 dot. The Advantage sights use a different principle than the Sure sights. The SS are unique and work..... if you can get them.

There's nothing at all silly about the steyr m series my friend. Pound for pound as good or better than anything out there at any price actually... including the sights (IMHO of course).

Ever handled/shot one?

• Administrator
th_XSSights3.jpgth_XSSights2.jpgth_XSSights6.jpgth_XSSights5.jpgth_XSSights8.jpg

So these XS Big Dot Sights are what I decided on. I really like them. I can't wait to go shoot with them. They went on well. No filing required.

I'm still a bit annoyed that they aren't making the 24/7 sights for the M&P with the rear tritium insert. ;)

Folks, I recently picked up an MGW sight tool for the Glock and for the M&P family of handguns. The tools make all the difference in getting sights installed or removed without tons of trouble. We had zero problems getting Brian's sights installed and I think it took all of about 5 minutes to do the rear sights.

I'd be happy to provide this service to others as well, and will probably pick up a tool for the Springfield XD family soon. I'm way cheaper than a gunsmith. :)